ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Looking for great-great- grandparents  (läst 416 gånger)

1999-11-26, 09:02
läst 416 gånger

ellenm56

I am looking for the parents of John Aaron Bengston. He came from Tranas, Sweden sometime toward the end of the 1800's. His wife was Christina Louvisa Johnson Olson Bengston. They lived in Wilcox, Pennsylvania,U.S.A.  
Can anyone tell me how to find their parents?
ellenm56@yahoo.com

2003-08-23, 20:34
Svar #1

Kjell Nordqvist

If you are searching people from Karlskoga, you are welcome to contact Karlskoga Heritage Society,
where I am doing emigrant research. Nearly 7000
people emigrated to Karlskoga and Bjurtjarn parishes, and they are listed in our emigrant
archives.
Kjell Nordqvist
Home page: www.kjell.just.nu

2003-08-23, 22:53
Svar #2

Utloggad Elisabeth Thorsell

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 9209
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-05-27, 17:48
    • Visa profil
    • www.etgenealogy.se
Ellen, you have to find out more on your Johan Aron Bengtsson in American sources. From the various U.S. Censuses you can probably find out when he was born and when he emigrated. Those dates are important, when you have people with very common names.

2003-08-24, 00:14
Svar #3

Jan Ek (Janek)

Ellen,

There is one John A. Bengston in the 1920 census, enumerated in Kane, Mckean county PA (ED 133, page 5A) He is 59, farmer, and married to 62 year old Augusta J., so her name doesn't fit very well. They have a daughter Ruth 25. In 1930 John is dead and Ruth is married to a Martin Johnson.

Going outside of PA there are many John Bengtson/Bengston in those two censuses indexed at Ancestry.com. Elisabeth's advice is the best, try to find more in various US sources first, or you can't verify what you might find in Swedish sources. His age is crucial, you should check that in his US death certificate.

Regards,
Jan

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna