ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Johan Enstrom born 1815 in Karlstorp Jonkopings Parish  (läst 979 gånger)

2007-05-25, 14:09
läst 979 gånger

Utloggad Rosalie Enstrom

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 113
  • Senast inloggad: 2010-06-11, 03:45
    • Visa profil
I am seeking the names of the parents of Johan Enstrom and if possible the names of his siblings as I am wondering whether Erik Hjalmar Enstrom born in 1856 was in fact an offspring of one of Johan's brothers, that is if he had one. This missing link would make all the difference in being able to finish this part of the family. It would be much appreciated if someone would be able to assist me.
Thanks
Rose

2007-05-25, 23:03
Svar #1

Bo Johansson

There are two Johan born in Karlstorp 1815
CI:3 page 196
born Johan october 4 parents Johannes Johansson and wife Maria Månsdotter på Hemsö under Bölö

and  

Johan May 4 parents Dragon Jon ????? and wife Lena En??dotter i ???ckenults Dragontorp

from bosse

2007-05-25, 23:20
Svar #2

Bo Johansson

Little bit more
i AI:5 page 298 Dragontorp under Klackenhult
Dragon Jonas Qvist born 1785may23
wife Lena Eriksdotter born 1787aug15
children
Maria 1812jan(?)24(?)
Johan 1815may4

This Johans father was a soldier and have a soldiers name Qvist. If this Johan became a soldier it does not means that his surname will be Qvist. The soldiers got often their name from what farm they where living at. And for me Enström sounds like a soldiers name.
The only way to find out this is to follow this two candidats Johan until they are moving from their homes. The surname is never written in the books until the children are moving out from their homes.
from bosse

2007-05-25, 23:28
Svar #3

Bo Johansson

Little bit more
i AI:5 page 298 Dragontorp under Klackenhult
Dragon Jonas Qvist born 1785may23
wife Lena Eriksdotter born 1787aug15
children
Maria 1812jan(?)24(?)
Johan 1815may4

This Johans father was a soldier and have a soldiers name Qvist. If this Johan became a soldier it does not means that his surname will be Qvist. The soldiers got often their name from what farm they where living at. And for me Enström sounds like a soldiers name.
The only way to find out this is to follow this two candidats Johan until they are moving from their homes. The surname is never written in the books until the children are moving out from their homes.
from bosse

2007-05-26, 10:42
Svar #4

Utloggad Rosalie Enstrom

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Dear Bosse,
Thank you for this information.  Excuse my ignorance but does it mean that the surname Enstrom would not be used if the man is a soldier and the name Qvist would be used instead.It appears that the Johan born 4th May 1815 was the great great grandfather of my husband or the grandfather of our grandfather Bror Emil Hjalmar Enstrom.
If you are able to give me any further information in this regard it would be much appreciated.
Sincerely
Rose

2007-05-26, 18:56
Svar #5

Bo Johansson

Hi Rosalie
When Johan moved out from home his name will be Johan Jonsson ( or maybe Jonasson. which means he was Jonas son ) If he then became a soldier he got a soldiers name. The soldiername he got depends where he became a soldier. All big farms and villages have thier soldiers and the small cottage that the soldier got, gave the soldier his surname. For example my ggggrand fathers name was Jonas Stor and he was soldier in Stoeryd. One of his son have the name Johannes and when he moved out his name became Johannes Jonsson. Then he went to be a soldier in Ustorp and his soldier name became Johannes Uhr. AND for example when Johannes Uhr retired he must moved out from the soldiercottage, after that a new soldier moved in and his name will be  something and Uhr (as surname/soldiername). It will means that they are not relatives. Often one of the soldiers children became a soldier and stay in the same soldiers cottage and got the same surname. This was very common uptil about 1870-1890 after that and nowadays all ( 99%) use the surname same as their father. And the last 20-30 year the surname after their mother is also very common. All names that end with -son is unpopular.
I have promise a few other people to help them, and usually in summertime I spend time with other things then genealogi but if you don?t have find what you want I can help you furder in fall/wintertime. sorry for my poor English.
Take care life still running from
bosse in Vadstena Sweden

2007-05-27, 06:29
Svar #6

Utloggad Rosalie Enstrom

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Dear Bosse,
You are so wonderful in helping people like myself in sorting out the family and how the names eventuate.   It is someone like you who are so obliging and helpful, I cannot express my thanks enough.  If you are able to find out any more about our dear long lost ones, it would be more than appreciated.
Sincerely,
Rose

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna