ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Does anyone recognise this name Sjöberg  (läst 1385 gånger)

2005-04-19, 08:11
läst 1385 gånger

maggie

Does anyone recognise this name Sjöberg

it may be spelt wrong but I just found out that Elisabet Landroth was adopted by Sven and Anna Landroth, she was born 27 Sep 1847 in the Maria parish (southern part of Stockholm City) Stockholm Sweden and died Buried 26/1 1932 on Norra begravningsplatsen (area 7A, nr 129). Is there any way I can find out who her parents were and if she had siblings to either name Landroth and Sjöberg
thanks
Maggie

2005-04-19, 12:11
Svar #1

maggie

correction to the above message, Elisabet Landroth was the stepdaughter of Sven and Anna Landroth.

2005-04-19, 12:30
Svar #2

Utloggad Christina Skagerborg

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 663
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-06-05, 15:54
    • Visa profil
Hi Maggie,

Sjöberg is correctly spellt. If Elisabet was the couple's  stepdaughter either Sven or Anna Landroth must have been her birth parent. If she was Anna's daughter do you know her maiden name?

On the net (www.ssa.stockholm.se) you can find some parts of Maria parish and it's possible to search individuals by name or dates etc. You will also find information on how to get in touch with the Stockholm City Archives who I'm sure can help you. Perhaps someone here have the same information on CD but I can't help you there.

Good luck!

Christina

2005-04-19, 13:34
Svar #3

maggie

Hi Christina
Thank you, so is Sjöberg a town name or a surname. I am assuming Anna must be the mother and Sven the stepfather. I had a letter with Elisabet Landroth name and in brackets beside her name Sjöberg and I was wondering if that was her surname?
Sven Landroth born 27 Dec 1795 Stockholm (not sure where) and Buried 4/3 1863 på Norra begravningsplatsen (area 7A, nr 129). Anna Birgitta surname unknown was born 21th of November 1800 in Stockholm and Buried 12/11 1886 på Norra begravningsplatsen (area 7A, nr 129.  
thanks

2005-04-19, 14:07
Svar #4

• Anbytare ****
    • Visa profil
Maggie,

Sjöberg is a surname. I was thinking could one of the names be Elisabet's maiden name and the other her name as a married woman?  

Christina

2005-04-19, 14:20
Svar #5

maggie

Elisabet maiden name that of her adopted parents was Landroth and her married name was Pettersson, she married Gustaf Pettersson. I was wondering if that was her mother's maiden name before she married Sven Landroth?
I went to this site
www.ssa.stockholm.se but I can't read swedish
I'm hoping someone could do a lookup for Sven Landroth's marriage?
thanks

2005-04-19, 15:30
Svar #6

• Anbytare ****
    • Visa profil
Hi Maggie,  

I found Elisabet Landroth Pettersson in the archives rote 2 ( rote is a administrative part of the city). They lived there between 1901 28/10 and 1905 18/10. There might be records of them elsewhere in Stockholm.

Her husband Gustaf Pettersson was a musikdirektör which I guess is the manager of a music company. He was born in Herrestad parish 1835 17/12. I think he died in 1902 4/11.  

They had four children all born in Stockholm:

1) Svante Gustaf Erik Landroth, born 1876 30/10 in Jacob parish

2) Per Gustaf Ivar, student, book-keeper in his mother's shop, born 1883 30/4 in Hedvig Eleonora parish

3) Elsa Maria Elisabet, born 1888 27/2 in Johannes parish

4) Carl Gustaf Adolf Pettersson/Landroth, sailor, born 1889 20/7 in Johannes parish

Christina

2005-04-19, 15:41
Svar #7

• Anbytare ****
    • Visa profil
Maggie forgot this in previous message:

Anna Landroth lived in the same rote between 1882 7/10 and 1883 6/11. She was then a widow after a manufacturer. She was born 1800 21/11 in Stockholm. I think there's a chans they married in Stockholm. Maybe I can find out something about Sven later, or someone else might.

Christina

2005-04-19, 20:32
Svar #8

• Anbytare ****
    • Visa profil
Maggie,  

I think Sjöberg is Anna Brigitta's maiden name or possibly her name by her first marriage. I've noted that she has an unusual way of spelling her name, normally you would spell it Birgitta in Swedish (B-I-R not B-R-I). I found two mentionings of an Anna Br. Sjöberg 1830 living in Stockholm (City Archives on the net).

The first is a woman in Katarina Norra parish and she is said to be a (bell-?)ringer. I don't know exactly what kind of job that is. There's also an Anna Br. Sjöberg in Klara and Kungsholmens parish who is a shoemaker's widow. It's possible the same woman. No date of birth in either case.

In 1820 Sven Landroth is living in Maria Norra in Stockholm and he's a factory apprentice. In 1830 he lives in the inner city (no specific parish unless the parish is called Inner City) and is said to be a former silk-weaver apprentice.

In 1855 Anna Brigitta is married to Sven who is now a silk manufacturer and they live in Maria Norra parish. Sven is not mentioned after 1871 which is the next year in the archives. I can't find anything on Elisabet.

Hope this is usefull information to you.  

Christina

2005-04-20, 10:02
Svar #9

maggie

Hi Christina
Thank you, I have Elisabet's husband and their four children, the last child is my granddad, there was actually six children two of them died young. Gustaf was a music teacher he died on the 4 Nov 1902. The extra info that you found on Anna that might be her. How do I go about finding the marriage date for Sven and Anna? I had her name as Anna Birgitta, which is the correct one Birgitta or Brigitta? She seem to have her name spelt both ways. Do you know if Sven and Anna had any other children?
You been a great help thank you

2005-04-20, 10:13
Svar #10

maggie

hi Christina
a question please
can you tell me what this means in English
Stud/Bokhållare i moderns affär 18830430 Hedv.El.  
this was beside Per Gustaf Ivar's name
and this was beside Anna Brigitta's name Fabrikörsenka
thanks

2005-04-20, 16:54
Svar #11

• Anbytare ****
    • Visa profil
Maggie,  

stud. is short for student and bokhållare... means book-keeper in his mother's shop,  fabrikörsänka means widow after a manufacturer (look at my earlier answers above 19 April at 15.30 and the next one).

About the spelling of Anna's name, Birgitta is the Swedish spelling and Brigitta is closer to the French spelling (Brigitte) and might have been considererd more modern or more posh, but that's just me speculating.

As the family seem to have lived so long in Stockholm I think you'll probably find that Sven and Anna married there too. Contact the Stockholm City Archives, you'll find there mailadress (e-post) at the bottom of the sight. Sometimes there's a cost but they'll let you know. I don't know if I can find out much more but I will try.

Christina

2005-04-21, 08:51
Svar #12

maggie

Hi Christina
Thank you for all your help it was good to get that. I have had a reply to a letter I posted to Sweden, she is the great grand daughter of Elisabeth Pettersson which is great.
all the best

2005-04-21, 22:34
Svar #13

• Anbytare ****
    • Visa profil
Hi Maggie,

I don't know if this is important but here you are anyway.  

I just cross-checked some dates and names and it seems that a church musician G Pettersson was living with Anna Landroth between 1874 and 1877 in Jakob parish. Could this be Anna's son-in-law? I base this assumption on a refeerence number that I believe is some sort of household number. Gustaf moves to a place of his own in 1878. After 1878 there's a gap in the archives and I can't see anything of Elisabet and the children until 1901. Anna Landroth moved in 1882 but I don't know from where.

In 1877 Anna Landroth is not listed as living there and that coincides with the birth of Elisabet and Gustaf's first child Svante 1876. He is born in Jakob parish but I can't find him in the archives. Since Elisabet is not to be heard of either at this time it's possible that she lived elsewhere. Anyway, just a thought.

Christina

2005-04-22, 10:13
Svar #14

maggie

Hi Christina
That's great, yes Gustaf was a Cantor at a church, so it would have been his mother in law as her husband died in 1863
I have put his death notice below
(Hereby) announced
that
my dearly beloved husband
former Cantor at S:t Klara church,
Pianoseller,
graduate of the Royal College of Music
Gust. Petterson
quiet and peaceful passed away
Tuesday December 4, 1902 at 5.35 a.m.
at the age of 66 years, 10 months and 17 days,
deeply mourned and lamented
by me, children, siblings, many years' assistent
with other relatives and many friends.

Elisabeth Pettersson,
     n?e Landroth
Svante was born a Pettersson when he immigrated to Australia, along with my grandfather Karl and Elsa Andersson nee Petterson's son Bengt they all took on the Landroth surname.
here is a bit of info Anna Landroth
She is coming to Klara Norra Kyrkogata in January 1879 from Jakob parish. She is a factory widow  
She is moving out in November 1883 to Tegn?r
there is also this bit here
Nyberg, Anna Greta  
Widow  
Buried 25/11 1871 på Norra begravningsplatsen (area 7A, nr 129).  
who is this person as she was in the same grave.  
Anna Birgitta Landroth didn't die until 1886
Landroth, Anna Brigitta widow  
Buried 12/11 1886 på Norra begravningsplatsen (area 7A, nr 129).

Svante married Elsa Hörlin and she died in childbirth in June 1908, is there any way you can find out who their son was or rather when was he born, I know his name to be Gusta or Justa as Svante known as Erik left him behind to be raised by family. I have a picture of him in this site http://aforum.genealogi.se/discus/
I have put quite a few photos up
in this one there is a group photo with Justa or Gusta or whatever his name is he is fourth from the right in front.
thanks Christina

2005-04-22, 14:55
Svar #15

• Anbytare ****
    • Visa profil
Hi Maggie,  

I have found a Anna Greta Nyberg born 1786 15/10. She was a sillpackaråldermansänka which even for us Swedes is a rather long compound word. It means she was the widow änka of a man packing herring sill and he was also an ålderman which is a voted chairman for workers of a particular trade.  

There seem to have been four unmarried women living with Anna Greta Nyberg 1855, three merchant daughters by the name Hultgren and a Miss Lundberg. I can't find any connection to Anna Landroth but they were buried not far apart in time in the same grave as you pointed out. Perhaps someone with more knowledge in burial traditions can explain this but to me it sounds strange to bury unrelated people together.

Christina

2005-04-22, 23:02
Svar #16

Eva Leksell

Maggie,

Elisabeth Sjöberg Landroth was a fosterdaughter to Sven Landroth and his wife Anna Bjurling, according to a database at the following internet site, “Gotlands genvägar”:
www.genvagar.nu/show.asp?PersonId=24186

You will also find some of her descendents there, and at least one of them is still living.

The registers from the Stockholm City Archives site are “mantalsregister”. The districts were created by the city authorities for tax purposes and were not the same as the parishes. The registers refers to the “mantalsuppgift” – more detailed information about the members of  the household, collected every single year and not only the years published at the site. The cd “Stockholms mantalsregister 1800–1870/1875” contains registers for all those years. (Many of Anbytarforum’s visitors are able to check the cd for you, if you ask.) And then you can order copies of the detailed information from the archives.

You have the parish and the date of Elisabet Sjöberg Landroth’s birth. So why don’t you send an email to the Stockholm City Archives  and ask for a simple look-up in the birthbook? If you are lucky her parents are mentioned there. I doubt that you will be charged with anything for such a quick job.

2005-04-23, 03:55
Svar #17

maggie

Hi Christina
Thank you for looking that up for me, hmmm a mystery there I will ask in general questions and see if they come up with something, see the message below yours
I hopefully have the right Elisabeth Sjöberg Landroth, it seems to fit, will check with the Stockholm City Archives
thanks

2005-04-23, 04:14
Svar #18

maggie

Hi Eva
Thank you so much for that, I went to the site you mention and found other members there too. I will send email to Stockholm City Archives. I had written to Gunnel and she gave me the name Sjöberg. I knew Elisabeth was adopted but couldn't confirm who her parents were.  
thanks again

2005-04-23, 15:30
Svar #19

Eva Leksell

Maggie,

Anna Margareta (Greta) Nyberg's husband was E. Nyberg, so Nyberg was not her maiden name. Maybe she was a sister of Sven Landroth or his wife?  

In the older mantalsuppgifter wifes and children are not mentioned. I forgot to think about that.

2005-04-24, 15:33
Svar #20

maggie

Hi Eva
Thank you, ok how do I go about finding out that she may have been Sven's sister, I know Sven's wife was Anna Birgitta Bjurling now, would she have been one of Sven and Anna's children. I have only been able to find their step/foster/adopted daughter Elisabet Sjöberg Landroth. She was born on the 27 Sep 1847 in Maria parish Stockholm Sweden (southern part of Stockholm city)
The site you gave me is Elisabet's great granddaughter's site thank you for finding that.
Elisabet and Gustaf had six children I have the full dates for Svante, Elsa and Karl, is it possible to get the full birth dates for Per Gustaf Ivar Pettersson born approx 1883, Anna E Pettersson died 29 Nov 1885 and Marie E Pettersson died 23 Mar 1883
thank you

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna