ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Carl Frederick Ziervogel  (läst 1532 gånger)

2009-04-28, 12:56
läst 1532 gånger

Utloggad Rosalie Enstrom

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 113
  • Senast inloggad: 2010-06-11, 03:45
    • Visa profil
It would be much appreciated if anyone could let me have any information on the ancesters of Carl Frederick Ziervogel who was born in 1825. The Ziervogel's were apparently very influential in South Africa but it is thought that they were originally from Sweden.  There was also a Carel Ewald Ziervogel who, in about 1793 was a lawyer, furthermore, a Ewald Benedictus drew a map of the world for a school atlas in 1758.  All this is rather sketchy but any information would be greatly appreciated.
Rose

2009-04-28, 13:39
Svar #1

Utloggad Arne Nilsson

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 76
  • Senast inloggad: 2014-09-17, 23:44
    • Visa profil
    • www.nilsson-net.de
Hello,

information about Carl Frederick Ziervogel may be taken from page 2 of this publication:

http://www.geocities.com/boksburghistorical/index_files/BHAapr2008.pdf

There, the father is mentioned.

Regards

Arne Nilsson

2009-04-28, 15:23
Svar #2

Utloggad Elisabeth Thorsell

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 9209
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-05-27, 17:48
    • Visa profil
    • www.etgenealogy.se
Carl Ewald Ziervogel was born 1756 Dec. 14 in Uppsala, Sweden, and after having learnt business methods, he left Sweden in 1776 and settled in South Africa at Cape Good Hope, went into business there.

His parents were Ewald Ziervogel and his wife Christina Hultman. Ewald was a librarian at the University Library in Uppsala, and also a famous coin collector.

The oldest Ziervogel in Sweden was Samuel Z, born 1616 in Mansfeld, Germany. Pharmacist at Halle, Leipzig and Dresden. In 1647 he was appointed pharmacist to the dowager queen Maria Eleonora of Sweden, while she resided in Stettin, and followed her in 1648 to Sweden. After her death in 1655 he took over the pharmacy The Swan in Stockholm from Casper Schöps. Samuel died 1672 Jan. 29 in Stockholm, Sweden.

I am descended from his son Casper, and Ewald from Casper's half-brother Samuel.

There are no living Ziervogels in Sweden anymore, but many descendants by other names.

2009-04-29, 00:52
Svar #3

Utloggad Rosalie Enstrom

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Thank you Arne and Elizabeth for all the information.
As a matter of interest Elizabeth, my husband's great grandmother was Sara Susanna Ziervogel daughter of Carl Frederick Ziervogel and Annie Elizabeth Ritchie who married Hendrik Willem van Breda and had three children.   Sara had three children to van Breda and later when he died she married Thomas Henry Brown to whom she had another 10 children. All these are in the Cape in South Africa.
If there is any further information which you can give regarding the Ziervogels in Sweden, it would be much appreciated.  I have only just found this string of relatives in the long search in completing our family tree.
Rose

2009-04-29, 20:08
Svar #4

Utloggad Arne Nilsson

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
    • www.nilsson-net.de

2009-04-29, 21:27
Svar #5

Utloggad Elisabeth Thorsell

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 9209
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-05-27, 17:48
    • Visa profil
    • www.etgenealogy.se
Rosalie, just beware that some of the names have lost their Scandinavian letters, my ancestor Brigitte, married to Samuel (born 1616) as an example, had the surname Rothlöben, not what is shown in the South African web site.  

The compiler of this information is Joan Hope, and she has this e-mail: genie_joan@yahoo.com.au I have been in contact with her many years ago, and this seems to be her current e-mail, not the one on the web site Arne refers to.

2009-04-30, 06:32
Svar #6

Utloggad Arne Nilsson

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
    • www.nilsson-net.de
Some more information about early Ziervogels is given at http://www.klauskunze.com/familienforschung/as/ziervogel.htm . Containing (vielleicht) assumptions about ancestors in Austria and Switzerland.

2009-05-07, 13:13
Svar #7

Utloggad Rosalie Enstrom

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Thank you all so much for your much appreciated input.  It is amazing how this family seems to be coming together with all the research.
Once again thank you.  Rose

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna