ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Svensson,Georg or Carl Georg  (läst 440 gånger)

2000-06-25, 18:01
läst 440 gånger

Sue Irvine

Trying to find any information at all about my grandfather. He is named on my mothers birth certificate as George Charles Svensson but I have been told that this would probably be Carl Georg Svensson.
He was a merchant seaman,born possibly in Morrum,province of Blekinge in 1893.His ship would have visited Newport,South Wales Uk on 1920,1921 and again for my mothers baptism in 1922.
She never knew him and is now dead so I have no one to ask about this.Help please!

2003-08-21, 03:17
Svar #1

Chris Troy

Carl Gottfrid Svensson (aka George Charles Swanson) may have emigrated or jumped ship sometime after 1904-09-24.  He was born on 1879-08-15 in Solna parish, Stockholms län, but also frequently listed his place of birth as either Stockholm or Torhamn parish in Blekinge.  He was a barnhusbarn from Allmänna Barnhuset in Stockholm and fostered by the family of Torparen Mårten Månsson of Mahren in Torhamn parish, Blekinge.  His last known parish of residence was Torhamn in Blekinge.  He was registered at the Karlskrona Sjömanshuset (Seamen's House).  Last known record of service in their records was on the vessel 'Hedda', home port Göteborg, destination Cape Natal, which he joined on 1903-07-13 in Sundsvall.  He signed off in Göteborg 1904-09-24. No further record of him has been found in Sweden so far.  He is known to have worked on British ships in the period between 1906 and the 1920's.

We have asked for help before but have substantially more concrete information about him now.  If anyone can suggest any other resources we could try, we would appreciate your suggestions.  We have his records from the parish, Seamen's House, Allmänna Barnhuset, and British Merchant Service, plus his daughter's birth and christening records in the UK in 1922, then he disappears.  We also do not know where he was from 1904 when he signed off in Göteborg until first found on British vessels in 1906.

Cheers, Chris

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna