ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Johan Gustaf Åström  (läst 416 gånger)

2004-05-08, 13:00
läst 416 gånger

Fred Hendrickson

Seeking ANY information on my great-grandfather, Johan Gustaf Åström, born 17 Feb 1859 at Sjösås Parish.  That may be in Kronoberg, Småland.

Family Bible says he was born in Suroland.  Is that a village within Sjösås Parish?  Would like to know the specific place in Sjösås Parish where he was born and where he lived in his youth.

Also searching for names of ANY of his Åström family: Parents?  Grandparents?  Siblings?  Cousins? Aunts & Uncles?  Anybody!

In 1880 he married Anna Elina Söderström, born 03 Apr 1870 at Sundsvall Parish, Västernorrland, Angermanland.  Need to know the date and place of their marriage.  Anna Elina was the daughter of Johan Söderström & Anna Brita Forssberg, who lived at Husums Sågwerk, Grundsundra Parish, Västernorrland, Angermanland.  Is that the same as Husum?

The 1890 Swedish census shows Johan Gustaf, Anna Elina and baby Hanna Elina (my grandmother) Åström living at Skedlo, Nijurunda Parish, Västernorrland, Angermanland.  Always thought they lived at Sundsvall.  Is Skedlo perhaps a small village near Sundsvall?  Hanna Elina was born 18 Aug 1889 at Skedlo, Njurund Parish.  A son, Frederick Gustaf Åström, was born 13 Feb 1891.  Not sure where.

For six years in the mid 1890's, John Gustaf lived at Wadena County, Minnesota, USA.  Do not know why.  Then he went back to Sweden and emigrated permanently with his family -- Anna Elina, Hanna Elina and Frederick Gustaf -- and one of Anna Elina's sisters, Emma Kristina Söderström, who was born on 08 Jan 1879 at Grundsunda Parish, Västernorrland, Angermanland.  They departed from Christiania, Norway in 1902 on the ship Oscar II and arrived at Ellis Island, New York, USA.  

Their destination is thought to have been the home of Johan's aunt, Lina Petterson, who had already emigrated and was living on a farm at Carbondale, Osage County, Kansas, USA.  Lina (possibly short for Carolina) married Charles Lindahl, who was probably also from Sweden but had lived in Kansas since at least 1879.  Would like to know about Lina's family in Sweden.  Who were her parents, etc.?  One of her parents must have been a sibling of Johan Gustaf's mother or father.  

Anna Elina died in 1906 shortly after their emigration.  Do not know where she died or where she was buried.  Would like to know.  Perhaps her body was returned to Sweden.  If so, I would guess to the area of Husum.  Her mother, Anna Brita, who died 23 Jun 1927 in Sweden, is known to have been buried close to her house near the bay at Husum.  Next to her grave lies an older man believed to be named Söderström.  Would like to know who this man was.

In 1919, Frederick Gustaf ASTROM was killed in a plane crash during World War I in France where he is buried at St. Michael's American Cemetery; Thiaucdurt, Meurthe-et-Mose, Moselle.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Fred Hendrickson
6110 N. Meridian Ave. Apt. 820
Oklahoma City, OK 73112
USA

E-mail: FredOKC@aol.com

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna