ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Esther Lacker  (läst 782 gånger)

2003-02-13, 14:33
läst 782 gånger

Karen Larsen Sciance

Hello, I hope someone can help me; I have reached a dead end.  My grandmother, Esther Lacker, was born in Stockholm, Sweden in 1884.  She and her family emigrated to the United States in either 1893 or 1894.  They eventually settled in Kearny, New Jersey.
Her father was Carl or Karl Lacker.  I found a letter my mother had written that mentioned that he may have changed his  name to Johansson 'during the war'. The only records I can find of the family is a 1920 Census for Kearny, NJ.  If anyone can give me any help in finding my mysterious maternal relatives, it would be greatly appreciated.

Father Carl Lacker
Mother Anna (?)
Children:
Esther born Nov 7, 1884
Concordia (Constance)

Thank you very much

2003-02-13, 15:49
Svar #1

Utloggad Bo Berndtsson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 3221
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-05-29, 10:21
    • Visa profil
On the CD Emigranten, you'll find this family:

Anna Cristina L?cker, age 40
Constansia Läcker, age 16
Ester Olivia Läcker, age 10
from Stockholm, no parish given
left port of Gothenburg 1893 october 20
destination New York
source code 52:388:7181

I can't trace your Carl/Karl. He did'nt travel with the women.

2003-02-14, 02:03
Svar #2

Utloggad Judy Olson Baouab

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1355
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-14, 18:26
    • Visa profil
Hi Karen,

Although the spelling is different from that of his wife and child, maybe this is your Karl.Does the age seem right? Many men did travel ahead of their families to make sure they had a home and a way to make a living.

First name: KARL
Last name: LECKER
Parish:      County: A
Port: GÖTEBORG
Date: 1893 02 27
Destination: NEW YORK
Fellows: NEJ
Source: 50:149:974

The family mentioned by Bo traveled with another person who had the same ticket number they had.

First name: SIMON
Last name: SIMONSSON
Parish: GÅSÖ     County:  
Port: GÖTEBORG
Date: 1893 10 20
Destination: NEW YORK
Fellows: NEJ
Source: 52:388:7181

I could not find the parish Gåsö in lists of present or past parishes. A look on this map site shows it as a natural object.

http://www.sna.se/bin/ort.cgi?LANG=EN&S=E&O=G%E5s%F6&OK=Make+new+map

Two were listed but I suppose it is the one in the county of Stockholm in this instance, since the others were traveling from Stockholm. (Stockholm stad? = city) The Swedes can perhaps help you with this location.  

Judy

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna