ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Anna Lisa Pettersdotter  (läst 413 gånger)

2004-02-16, 00:48
läst 413 gånger

sue mersereau

I am looking for my great-great grandmother, Anna, born January 24, 1840 in Sweden.  She emigrated from Oslo on October 21, 1881 with her children, Ida Amanda, Sofie, Frans Julius, and Emilie.  I know that Ida was born in Ed County, Dalsland, Sweden on April 19, 1865 to Anna and her first husband, Magnus Olson. She was confirmed in the Swedish State Church. Frans was born on July 23, 1874 in Edsocken, Dalsland, Sweden without a father. Sofie was born in Dalsland, Sweden on December 6, 1876.  She lists her father's name on her marriage certificate in 1905 as John Johnson.  I know that this is confusing.  We have not found anyone past Anna.  Thank you for any help or advise you have.

2004-02-16, 13:35
Svar #1

Anna-Carin Betzén

Sue, Edsocken (actually Ed socken) means Ed parish, so it's the same place as Ed County.

I noticed that you've posted questions on Sofie too, and I suggest you start out by following Anna and her family forward in time from Ida's birth as you know when and where it took place.

You know that Anna lived in Ed parish in 1865, and in 1874 too, so there's a fair chance that she was in that area in 1876 too (when Sofie was born). You can use Family History Center resources (or post questions at the Ed parish board) to check if Sofie is found on or near December 6, 1876 in the birth records of the parish (allow for date typos!). If she can't be found there, it probably means that the family left the parish sometime between July 23, 1874 and December 6, 1876. Then the family should be listed with destination in the lists of exit permits (utflyttningslängder) and you can then trace them to their new parish. If you can neither find Sofie in the birth records, nor the family listed in the exit permits, her birth date may be way off, or she's been omitted by mistake. Then you can go back to Frans' or Ida's birth in Ed parish and check the birth records for information on which farm or other location in the parish Anna and her children lived at. That place can then be looked up in the household examination rolls (each volume is hundereds of pages but there's usually a index for place names), and then the family can be followed forward through time. Additional children will appear there as they're born, and if/when the family moves you should find the destination (in or out of the parish) there. With a bit of luck, you may also find Anna's (and her spouses') birth parish and marriage date in the household examination rolls (check it against the marriage records for accuracy).

If you renew your question on the Ed parish board of this site, I suggest you incorporate the additional information that you've provided in your post above as well as in your previous post, as much of it applies to your question.

Good luck!

2004-02-16, 19:25
Svar #2

Utloggad Maud Svensson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 22071
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-06-10, 20:31
    • Visa profil
Sue,
The family is listed in 1890 census. According to the notes here Edvard and Emelie were Jan Halvardsson's children (from a previous marriage).

Home parish: Dals-Ed
Residence: Eds Prästgård (Ed parsonage)
County: Älvsborg
Jan Halvardsson b. 1819 in Dals-Ed, lumber mill worker
Anna Lisa Pettersdotter b. 1840 in Dals-Ed, wife (lives in America)
Edvard b. 1862 in Dals-Ed, son
Emelie b. 1865 in Dals-Ed, daughter (lives in America)
Ida Amanda Magnusdotter b. 1865 in Dals-Ed, stepdaughter (lives in America)
Frans Julius b. 1874 in Dals-Ed, the wife's son out of wedlock (lives in America)
Sofia Ingeborg b. 1876 in Dals-Ed, daughter (lives in America)

According to 1900 census Emelie may have been back in Sweden, but she and her father had left Dals-Ed for unknown destination.  

Home parish: Dals-Ed
Residence: Missing since 1891-1900
County: Älvsborg
Jan Haldvordsson b. 1819, former lumber mill worker (probably lives in Halland county)
Anna Lisa Pettersdotter b. 1840, wife (lives in America)
Emelia b. 1865, daughter

Edvard not found in 1900, but census is not complete at Arkion this year.
Hälsar vänligen
Maud

2004-02-16, 21:34
Svar #3

Anna-Carin Betzén

An additional explanation to the parish names... This parish seems to have had a few different names over the years - Västra Ed (i.e. Western Ed), Dals-Ed (Ed in Dalsland), or simply Ed.

2004-02-16, 21:57
Svar #4

sue mersereau

Thank you.  I will post in the parish query.  I've followed Anna from their emigration forward.  You all have been so kind.  Please let me know if you ever need my help.  thank you again.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna