ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Trying to find more about my great-great grandparent Nils Nelson  (läst 997 gånger)

2021-03-19, 21:59
läst 997 gånger

Utloggad Ashley Keith

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 1
  • Senast inloggad: 2021-03-20, 22:01
    • Visa profil
Hello! I am looking for information about my great-great-grandfather and his parents. My great-great-grandfather Nils Albert Nelson was born on January 29th,1883 in Skåne, Sweden. He immigrated to the united states around 1907 at Ellis Island. On December 29, 1909, he married my great-great-grandmother, Louise Emde. Louise was born in 1889 in New York. They moved to Rhode Island. In 1911 they had a son named Edward William Nelson, and then in 1914 they had another son Albert Carlton Nelson (my Great-Grandfather.) He died on November 4th, 1981 in North Attleboro, Massachusetts United States, and was buried in Cumberland Rhode Island. To be honest I'm not 100% sure what his parent's names were, in his obituary it says "John and Elsa Nelson" but on ancestry, it says Elese Nelson or Elese Paterson. I realize that coming to the United States his name could have changed, I've tried searching several variations of the surname 'Nelson' with no luck.  I've also tried searching name variations of 'John' & 'Elese' or 'Elsa' again no luck. Unfortunately, I was not alive when Nils was alive, and I was about 3 years old when my Great Grandfather Albert passed away. I have asked as much as I could from living family members, and I have just about every record, photo, obituary, and book that have been saved about my family. I do have Nils obituary and I have little bits of story and information.

His obituary: Nils Nelson

NORTH ATTLEBORO - Nils Albert Nelson, 98, of 317 North Washington St., died Wednesday at his home. He was the husband of Louise (Emde) Nelson. They had celebrated their 70th wedding anniversary on Dec. 29, 1980.

Born Jan. 29, 1883, in the Hof State of Skone, Sweden, he was the son of the late John and Elsa Nelson.

Mr. Nelson was the manager for the city of Pawtucket Reservoir Farm in Diamond Hill for 22 years. He had also worked for the John A. Blackinton Co. in North Attleboro before retiring in 1957.

He had served as a British Merchant Marine for five years and attended the First Baptist Church of North Attleboro for many years.

Besides his wife, he is survived by two sons, Edward W. Nelson of North Attleboro and Albert C. Nelson of Rehoboth; a daughter, Theresa E. Nelson of North Attleboro; four grandchildren and six great-grandchildren.

The funeral will be held 11 a.m. Saturday in the Memorial Chapel of the Sperry and McHoul Funeral Home, 15 Grove St. Interment will be in Evergreen Cemetery, Cumberland.

More information: There's a story that Nils family owned a boat building business in Sweden. That's pretty much all I know about him. If anyone can find anything or lead me to were I should be searching I would be very greatful. Thank you so much.  Apologies if I put this in the wrong place.

2021-03-19, 23:08
Svar #1

Utloggad Sven Andersson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1125
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-11, 18:44
    • Visa profil
Nils Peter was born out of wedlock on 29 Jan 1882 in Hov (Hof, Houf) parish in Skåne, Sweden. His mother was the widow Elsa Larsson, nee Petersson.
Hov (L) CI:1 (1869-1891) Image 850 / Page 78

Nils Peter Nilsson became a sailor (sjöman) and sailed away at some unknown time.
Hov (L) AII:1 (1896-1912) Image 540 / Page 44

2021-03-20, 19:14
Svar #2

Utloggad Sven Andersson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1125
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-11, 18:44
    • Visa profil
He registered at the Helsingborg Sjömanshus 12 Apr 1898. He is number 6545.
The numbers in columns 10 and 11 denotes his employs on Swedish ships.
Sjömanshuset i Helsingborg (M) DId:10 (1895-1941) Image 1280

The last one is 1902 385. He leaves the steamer "Rosa of Sölvesborg" in Ystad 16 Dec 1902. He was struck off the register 31 Dec 1905 when they hadn't heard from him for three years.
Sjömanshuset i Helsingborg (M) EX:4 (1902-1903) Image 384 / Page 385

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna