ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Emigrant Lookup: Anders Åkesson emigrated in 1869  (läst 755 gånger)

2004-02-20, 02:39
läst 755 gånger

Joanne Lillevold

Anders Åkesson and his half-brother Hans Åkesson from Holmby in Frosta Härad, Malmöhus County, emigrated in 1869 (not necessarily together).  I'm hoping someone with an emigrant CD would look them up for me.

MVH
Joanne

2004-02-20, 11:53
Svar #1

Utloggad Bo Oscarson

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 154
  • Senast inloggad: Aldrig
    • Visa profil
Joanne,

At that time, most people from the South of Sweden went via Copenhagen, Denmark. You can find a few fitting persons at the Danish Emigration Archives using different spellings as Åkesson, Åkeson. Online at:

http://www.emiarch.dk/search.php3?l=en

Rgds. Bo.

2004-02-24, 01:07
Svar #2

Joanne Lillevold

Thanks, Bo.  I don't know much about researching Swedes.  I'm much better at Norwegians.  I wasn't aware of this site.  I found a person that looks like him, but I didn't get much additional information, except that he emigrated from Copenhagen, went direct, and was a landmand.  Will any of the codes give additional information?  There's an ID code and a contract no.  Any idea where to find the name of the ship?
I just searched http://www.immigrantships.net/ for him with no luck.

Thanks.  Joanne

2004-02-24, 17:37
Svar #3

Utloggad Bo Oscarson

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 154
  • Senast inloggad: Aldrig
    • Visa profil
Joanne,

Try with sending an e-mail to the address that's given for the site.  

Bo.

2004-02-25, 02:09
Svar #4

Joanne Lillevold

Thanks again.  I'll try that.  By the way, you say, At that time [1869], most people from the South of Sweden went via Copenhagen, Denmark.  Any idea when that changed?  Half of my ancestors came from Skåne, from 1869 to ca. 1909.  I wonder if others might be on Swedish emigrant CDs.

Joanne

2004-02-28, 05:24
Svar #5

Chuck Mäki

http://www.ironrangeresearchcenter.org/index.htm

Hi Joanne,
My friend in Australia found your Andrew at the above website for north minnesota naturalization records.  Perhaps information on these records will help to find his Swedish origins?

First Name Last Name
ANDREW OKESSON

State: MINNESOTA
Reel #: 1
Vol #: A
Code #: 1
Page #: 134
Index Date

Chuck

2004-03-02, 01:25
Svar #6

Joanne Lillevold

Chuck, I suspect this is a different Andrew Okesson, as I don't know of any connection to Carver County.  My Andrew Okeson lived first in Pine County and then Otter Tail, and became an American citizen 1 Dec. 1883 in Otter Tail County, Minnesota. Thanks for a useful web site though.

Joanne

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna