ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Swedish names that begin with """"H""""  (läst 799 gånger)

2000-05-15, 21:42
läst 799 gånger

brenda

I am looking for a list of names that begin with the letter H   I have a friend that I am trying to guess his middle name - he says it is swedish and it begins with hed  - can you help???

2000-05-15, 22:10
Svar #1

Donna Corlett

Brenda: Hi!  You could check out this site to see male Swedish names:
http://www.kabalarians.com/male/swedishm.htm

The only names that I saw starting with Hed were Heden or Hedin....oh well, take a look!

Regards,
Donna

2000-05-16, 19:04
Svar #2

Utloggad Bibi Gustafson

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 213
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-03-01, 22:30
    • Visa profil
Hi Brenda!

There are several Swedish last names beginning with Hed (I suppose his middle name would really be a last name given to remember the family name of his mother or other relative). Here are some suggestions: Hedman, Hedmark, Hedström, Hedkvist, Hedlund, Hedstrand. Hed is Swedish for moor and the latter parts are words from nature (mark=ground, ström=brook, stream, kvist=branch, twig, lund=grove, strand=beach) except for man which has the same meaning as in English (male person or mankind).

Best regards,
Bibi Gustafson

2004-07-14, 09:09
Svar #3

Luana Pierce

I am trying to find my Grandmother's ancestors.
Her name was Edith Lynn Haymond.  She always said she was Swedish.  Does anyone know if Haymond is a Swedish name.  She was born in Sandwich, Illinois on May 30,1908.  I was born in Arora, Illinois, but was moved away when I was 3 mos old.  I have no other information on that side of my family.  If anyone has any information please respond.  Thank you, Luana Lynn Pierce

2004-07-14, 12:21
Svar #4

Bo Johansson

Haymond does not sound like a Swedish name, and there are no Haymond in the Swedish  phone book.

Perhaps it was originally something like Höjman (106 in the phone book) or Heiman (135 in the phone book).

// Bo Johansson

2004-07-14, 17:13
Svar #5

Utloggad Elisabeth Thorsell

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 9209
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-05-27, 17:48
    • Visa profil
    • www.etgenealogy.se
The Haymond family have been found in the 1910 Illinois census, and seems to be American for quite a number of generations.  

Edith Lynn Haymond's mother, however, was Hulda Grace Berggren, born 1884 in Illinois of Swedish parents.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna