ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Svensson Brothers from Tjureda  (läst 682 gånger)

2004-01-20, 00:16
läst 682 gånger

Gayle Nyberg

My Grandfather, Axel (Svensson)Swanson, had 2 brothers that I have not been able to locate.  The last I can find any record of them is on a C/S ending in 1896, and there are no further C/S available after this time.
Carl Gustav George Svensson (b. 20 Sept 1880) and Klas Magnus Herman Svensson  
(b. 6 Jun 1892) There may have even been more children born that I am not aware of.  Their parents were Sven Johan Nillson and Johanna Catherina Magnusdotter.

I cannot locate them on Ellis Island.  

Does anyone have access to any information that might help me find them?  
Do they appear on the emigration cd or on the 1900 or 1910 census?  My grandfather came to America in 1903.

Thank you

2004-01-20, 01:09
Svar #1

Utloggad Judy Olson Baouab

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1355
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-14, 18:26
    • Visa profil
Hi Gayle,

This is not the right time period but I checked Arkion.

http://www.arkion.se

Homeparish: Tjureda
Residence: L-e-r-i-k-e-m-å-l-a
County: Kronobergs
SVARvolume: 000164  Card nr: 7
Page: 8  Row: 41

Persons in the household
Fam nr: 1
Sven Johan Nilsson f. 1856 in Tjureda, Hem. egare (farm owner)
wife Johanna Katrina Magnusdotter f. 1858 in Ormesberga
s. Karl Gustaf Georg f. 1880 in Tjureda
s. Johan Axel Henrik f. 1883 in Tjureda

Fam nr: 2
widower Nils Peter Svensson f. 1821 in Tjureda, Und. hjon

I suppose that Johan Axel Henrik is your grandfather Axel.

Maybe this is your Axel emigrating in 1903.

First name: JOHAN A
Last name: SVENSON
Parish: ODENSVI     County: H (Kalmar)
Port: GÖTEBORG
Date: 1903 03 13
Destination: NEW YORK
Fellows: NEJ
Source: 72:275:2683

They might not have emigrated through a Swedish port. Maybe they used a Danish or German or Norwegian port.  

New York (Ellis Island) was NOT the only port used by emigrants to enter the U.S. This site tells more.

http://home.att.net/~arnielang/shipgide.html

I assume that C/S is the husförhörslängd, often translated as clerical survey or household examination records.

Have you searched birth, marriage, and death records which can be accessed through the Family History Library through the name of the county (Kronoberg) and then selecting civil registration? Maybe these people could be found through birthdates and those civil registrations extend from 1860-1920. Some are online as SC on the fee-based Genline site.

http://www.genline.com

http://www.genline.com/databasen/walk3.php?r=&x=7_100007

I checked the Family History Library online catalog just now for Tjureda parish and much more is available than you say.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/fhlcatalog/printing/titledetailsprint.asp?titleno=329345

For example, have you tried ordering the församlingbok, which isn't as good as the husförhörslängd but will list everyone in family groupings until 1925.

Sweden, Kronoberg, Tjureda - Church records  
Församlingsbok 1897-1925 AIIa:1-2 -  VAULT INTL Film [ 2226088 ]

You can find who moved in and out of the parish from 1895-1911 and where they came from/went to by ordering this film.

Sweden, Kronoberg, Tjureda - Church records  
In- och utflyttningslängd 1895-1911 v. BI:2 -  VAULT INTL Film [ 2226089 Item 4 ]

Good luck!

Judy

2004-01-20, 07:10
Svar #2

Utloggad Eva Dahlberg

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 4039
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-12, 18:31
    • Visa profil
Just a clarification - the 'församlingsbok' is what took over after the 'husförhörslängd' after a change in law in 1894. The församlingsbok covers the same information more or less, only perhaps modernized and standardized. That is why you won't find husförhörslängder after 1894/1900 - it depends from parish to parish when they started, due to when the previous volume ended.

The filming first carried out covered husförhörslängder up to ca 1895. Filming after that period has started from the north in Sweden as the books have been delivered from the parishes to the regional archives from 1991 and is ongoing (planned end 2013).  

You could also try contacting the Regional Archives of Vadstena where the relevant books are kept. But as they are available as micro fiche you could also order them, as Judy suggests.

Regards,
Eva

2004-01-20, 20:39
Svar #3

Utloggad Inge Ledje

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 820
  • Senast inloggad: 2017-09-23, 22:39
    • Visa profil
Hi Gayle,
Hemmansägare Sven Johan Nilsson Lerikemåla Tjureda married Johanna Catharina Magnusdotter in Ormesberga (G) 6 May 1880.
One more son is Johan Axel Henrik born 20 Apr 1883 i Lerikemåla.
This is from KGF:s CD.
Yours
Inge

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna