ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Origins of family name- -de Grad(e) , Anders vigsel 1794 in Finspöng, Ostergötland  (läst 3712 gånger)

2004-07-18, 22:29
läst 3712 gånger

Roni Christensen

Hej,
My grandmother, Irma de Grade, was born in Stockholm in 1891. She was always curious as to the origins of her family's name.

My research has taken me back to my gr-gr-gr-gr
grandfather, Anders, a smed in Finspöng-he died there in 1799.

His second marriage in 1794, shows his name as
Anders Persson or Pehrsson de Grad. I have not been able to find out where he was born.

I know that there are soldier names and sometimes, master smiths also had special names.

Any information on the origins of the name and/or additional information on  Anders would be most
appreciated.  

Many thanks,

Roni

2004-07-19, 10:56
Svar #1

gunnar

2004-07-20, 00:42
Svar #2

Roni Christensen

Gunnar,

In the old records, it appears to be spelled as
Finspöng, but I do know that Finspång is the correct name and spelling.

Thanks,

Roni

2004-07-25, 15:34
Svar #3

Utloggad Åke Bjurström

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1191
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-25, 10:23
    • Visa profil
Roni!
I have a book about Risinge and Finspång from 1950.
The author takes a fiktiv walk thru Finspång around 1805 and meets many persons, as far as I can see, real people who lived in Finspång at the time.
I am not very good in English but I hope you will understand.
Look here comes mastersmith alderman Anders De Grad, walking with dignity and, as it should be, soot on his hands and in face. He is over 70 years, but cannot stay away from the forges. He salutes my friend politely, who answers his greetings friendly.
How many guns have you founded today, asks my friend
(then most small talks)
This Anders was, if the years are right, born just before 1735, and is probably too old to be Samuels father, but almost certanly a relativ. (Grandfather?)
De Grad sounds walloon, it is for sure not swedish, but it is not registerd as a walloon name. Some families had there roots i Belgium and that part of Europe, walloons and others at that time in Finspång, especially in the iron industry.
Today almost every swede wants to be walloon, a bit exotic and they were skilld craftsmen, very important to the grooving swedish industry.
There are no De Grad in the Finspång phonebook today, but around 1890 my grandfather worked together with a man De Grad in Finspång rolling mill.
By the way, Finspöng (with two dots) must be a missunderstanding. To a swede it looks very strange.
Kindest regards Åke

2004-07-25, 22:21
Svar #4

Roni Christensen

Hej, Åke,

Thank you,so much for the information.  
It would seem that the two Anders may be related.
I would bet that the de Grad that your grandfather worked with was a relative!

Here in the USA, I order tapes/information through the Mormom Family Research center and use their web site. Recently, several new de Grads have shown up, all from Finspång-one is named Anders(1792) and another, Samuel(1790)?? The records do not name the father-these records were from members of the Mormon church with no reference number.
There is also, two new de Grads in Stockholm!!

In the baptismal record of my Samuel (1794), there was a Mattias de Grad, a smith, and an unmarried woman named Brita Stina de Grad. Not so very long ago, I could not find any de Grades outside of Stockholm.  Now, there seems to be many more!! Only time and research will tell!

I know that Finspång was a major center for iron
work and that many immigrants (Walloons)came from Belgium to work in the mills. Is there a way to find out if/when Anders and relatives may have come to Sweden?  I have not been able to find out where Anders was born. Did the factories/foundries maintain records such as payroll? Did they mainly produce weapons? I have learned that as a world power, Sweden was often at war.

After my Anders died, he left his wife, Maria
Hemmingsdotter and four children- Anders 1788(must be from first marriage), Samuel 1794, Anna Greta 1796 and Sara Elisabet 1799.

Samuel worked for/was a servant for Mauritz Clairfelt and Emilia Aurora de Geer, moved with them in 1813 to Norrköping, worked in the textile mills and eventually, in 1838-39 took his family to Stockholm. I have not done research on his sisters.  

With my great Uncle Erik's passing in 1984, the name of de Grade in our family ended. I so enjoy doing the research, learning the history and wish that my grandmother were here--she would be thrilled and so very proud and happy that her fellow Swedes have been so helpful.

A question?  When a woman was widowed and left with small children, was her only option to remarry, go home to relatives?  How could she earn a living?

The information is great and so is your English! I am sad to say that my Swedish is very limited and I really appreciate your assistance. Researching the old records is a real challenge for me! No Swedish, ancient texts and unique spellings!

Once again, tack så mycket!

Roni

2004-07-27, 13:23
Svar #5

Utloggad Åke Bjurström

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Hej Roni

There is a reason why I keep an eye open if there are any news on de Grade.It is typical that it came from the other side of the Atlantic, as I live only 30 kilom. from Finspång and was there last week.
One of my aunts was adopted by, or married to de Grad family, I do not know which. It is often easier to find relatives many hundred year ago.

The walloons started to come to Finspång around 1600. 1620-1630 ther were 130 different walloon names there. It is possible that the de Grad family came that early, documentation is a bit limitid.
I think payrolls only exist from later years.

Emelie Fredricia Aurore de Geer b.1782 d.1828 came from the wellknown and famous walloon de Geer family. In a way the first Louis de Geer saved the swedish state by donating 30 war ships he bought in Holland to the Royal navy, before a see battle with Denmark 1645.
That costed him an enormus sum of money.
He is also known as Father of the swedish industry
1876 a de Geer became Prime minister of Sweden.

When Emelie was young, she was maid of honour to queen Frederica at the Royal court in Stockholm.

Mauritz Clairfeldt was Crown forrester and generalmajor, I do not know what it correspond to in USA, but it is a high military rank, #3 from the top.
All for now. I will try to dig a little more.
Kindest regards Åke

2004-07-28, 16:49
Svar #6

Roni Christensen

Hej,Åke,

Once again,tack! The information that you have sent me, gives me more homework to do and clues
about the origins of my family in Sweden.

I shared the previous information with my father,  
Evert,(he is 85 years old) and he was simply thrilled! He was born in Bergen, Norway, but lived for a time in Stockholm and often visited my grandmother's family, the de Grades in Stockholm.  

All the de Grades were interested in the family history and before my great uncle, Erik de Grade, died, he had sent my grandmother  
some infromation. My granmother's family were great correspondents--many letters, newspapers, magazines and pictures.  I was the grandchild that
was always asking questions about life in Sweden and Norway and the relatives that we still had there.

My research recently took me to Norrkoping and then to Finspång through a marriage record. This has been a real breakthrough.  

If possible, send me the name of your relative that had a connection to the de Grads in Finspång--it would be wonderful if we had a family connection!

I do my research at a Mormon family research center and obviously, through the internet. You and several others in Sweden have been most helpful.

Have a good evening (it's almost 11 am here). Hope to hear from you soon.

Roni

2004-07-30, 09:27
Svar #7

Utloggad Åke Bjurström

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Hej Roni!

At the local library I found some new books, extracts from old inventories after deceased persons in Risinge between 1750-1834, made by Marie-Anne Olsson. (Only names and dates, easy to read.)

1800 Jan.22 Guardianship
Deceased Mastersmith Anders Persson de Grad Finspång Risinge dead Dec.19 1799.
Widow Maria Hemmingsdotter, 3 children in this marriage Samuel 4, Anna Greta 2, Sara Lisa 1/2.
In ealier marriage Maja Lisa 23, Peter 20, Britta Stina 16, Cajsa Lotta 14, Anders 10.

Samuel 4 must be Samuel b.Apr.30 1795 that Ann-Britt Ahlström reported to you about de Grad family.

1821 Sept.1 Inventory after deceased.
Smith Anders Persson de Grads widow Maria Hemmingsdotter dead Aug.26 this year.
Children Samuel of age, Sara Lisa married to miller Anders Zetterberg at Hättorp.

It looks like Anna Greta 2 has died.

Anders first wife (no name) prob. dead between 1788-1794. No information about that so it is possible it happend somewhere else, but ev. are not all inventories registerd.
Anders can have been smith at another mill before Finspång.

I think that the family orginaly came from the north-west part of the European continent, (name occupation place indicates that) but is now all swedish and have been here for a long time. The men marry swedish girls and vice versa.

The childrens names are also all swedish, people from other countries often use homeland names for some generations.

Smith Jonas Canons name indicates soldier ancestors. He probably belongs to the family in some way.

There are only three de Grade (modern form with ending e) in swedish phonebooks today, all in Stockholm.

I have been talking to some old family members and are now convinced that my aunt was adopted by de Grad family 1901.
Vilhelmina Kristina b.1901-03-15 in Finspång.

It is a sunny morning in Ol? Sweden, the summer is here at last. It has been rainig for weeks.
After more reseach I will come back next week.
Åke

2004-07-30, 09:33
Svar #8

Utloggad Åke Bjurström

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Roni  
I dropped a line after the children in Anders second marriage. Reads: Guardian became smith Jonas Canon at Finspång.
Åke

2004-08-01, 14:57
Svar #9

Utloggad Åke Bjurström

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Hej Roni!

Back earlier than expected. Obviously I can not read my own notes. I have too many.
I already had the death of Ander´s first wife, so my theories on him working at another mill has less value.

Inventory after deceased.
1794-01-04 Smith Anders Persson de Grad´s deceased wife Maria Nilsdotter. 5 children Petter 15, Anders 4, Maja Lisa 17, Brita Stina 11, Cajsa Lotta 8.
On their side unkel Olof Persson.

No date for death, probably late 1793, only for inventory. Unkel (in swedish mothers brother) strage they have different names, Nilsdotter- Persson.

I have not found any Mattias de Grad. Brita Stina above seems a little too young, only 12 years, to be a baptismal witness to her halfbrother.

I use Genline at the lokal library for free, two-hour-turns.
Possible but expensive in your home computer. I think it is the same Mormon material that you use.

I found your material on Samuel, Emelie Aurora and Mauritz on
Risinge AI:6C 1810-1816 Herrgårdsroten page 2.
The Genline ID number is 238.11.62500.
Do you recognize anything of this?

There is also a maid, Stina Lisa de Grad b.1788-05-06 härst.= härstädes (meaning in this place, Risinge).Came from Norrköping 1808.
This Stina Lisa is not one of Anders daughters, and his oldest son Peter was only 9 years when she was born. That indicates another de Grad as her father. (Brother to Anders?)
I think we only have one de Grad family, an unusual name, all probably related.

Last time I was a bit confusing, about the guardinship 1800 Jan 22.
Last line ends Cajsa Lotta 14, Anders 10.
Next is the dropped line: Guardian became smith Jonas Canon...

Untill next time Åke

2004-08-01, 23:56
Svar #10

Roni Christensen

Hej,Åke,

Hope that you had a nice weekend. Here, it has been raining and very humid, so I have been trying to sort through all the information on the  
de Grads.    

I have signed up to use Genline for the next two
weeks- -easier to work from home. Pardon me, if I do not give enough info when referencing their site.

I am beginning to think that deGrad may be a special name, similar to soldier names.  

In the marriage record for Anders's second marriage, his name is Anders Persson de Grad.  

When you can, read Genline ID #238.28.75200.
It has the birth record of a boy named Samuel
born 30 Dec 1789. His mother is Brita Lisa de Grad
and father of boy is Nils Hellgren.
Witnesses are Jonas Samuelsson de Grad and Matthias Andersson de Grad. You will understand it better than I- you have the Swedish advantage.

Genline ID#238.28.73400 4 September1787 Book Pg499
Boy named Anders. His mother is Brita Lisa de Grad
and father of boy is Nils Hellgren. Anders Pehrsson de Grad is mentioned. Once again, you will understand the language better than I.

Genline ID#238.28.73400 11 July 1787 Book Pg 498
Boy named Elias. Anders Pehrsson de Grad and Brita Quarfordt are mentioned.

Genline ID#238.28.73400 16 July 1789 Book Pg 498
Daughter-Anna Helena. Mother is Eva Helena de Grad
A Margreta Quarfordt is mentioned.

Genline ID#238.28.73900 1788 May 06
And now for Stina Lisa-her father Johan de Grad.
Aurora de Geer is a witness. There is another reference to de Geer and a mention of Taube. I know that these names were connected to the ironworks.

On 25 April 1819, a Stina Lisa de Grad married Carl Wilhelm Sallander in Stockholm. I will have to order the marriage record for Jakob och Johannes in Stockholm.

Genline ID#238.28.75000  20 August 1789
Boy named Samuel-father Petter Pettersson de Grad.
Witness-Jonas Samuelsson de Grad. There is also a
Brita Maja Quarfordt as a witness.

Genline ID#238.31.36900  March 1802
When Anders's daughter, Maja Lisa married in March 1802, her husband was Gustaf Jansson Quarfordt. Jonas Canon is mentioned.

Well, Åke, are you a bit confused?  I think that our journey has gotten a bit more complicated.
If you can, please read the records and tell me what you think.

Thanks again for all your help.
Have a great week,

Roni

2004-08-04, 08:28
Svar #11

Utloggad Åke Bjurström

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Hej Roni!

I am always a bit confused, all these names and dates.
I have not been at the library yet, but I will check your GIDnr later, I saw some interesting names there.

Perhaps you already know this but I will tell you anyway.
The soldier´s name was decided by the mustering officers, he got an available name, often after a sacked or dead soldier, or the name followed the croft where he lived.
They wanted every one to have separate names, if they shouted Persson twelve would come running.

de Grad, a soldiers name? Some swedish officers had been in foreign armies so they perhaps liked a name like that. If de Grad did not come from abroad, I would bet a dollar on soldiers. I found a soldier Grad (means rank), but it is the first de that makes it look unswedish and continental.

At that time anyone could change his name if he wanted to.
In the country they stickt to the old patronymic system, Anders Persson father´s first name was really Per (or Peter).
In town and in industrial mills they changed their names early, often taking the names from the place or from nature.
de Grads were surronded by walloon names, so if they wanted to take a name like that I guess it was possible, but I do not know what the real walloons would like that.

About the people in birth records.
This was a part of the social security system at the time.
Baptismal witnesses or godfathers and godmothers were supposed to help to take care of the children if the father or mother died, as they often did as we have seen.
If you got Aurora de Geer as godmother you could feel pretty safe.

Take a look at Risinge AI:22C, 1892-1896, p.893, GID 238.2.18800.
The young couple has been married for eight years and no children. I am sure I have got something here.

Åke

2004-08-09, 00:05
Svar #12

Roni Christensen

Hej, Åke,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. My father who is 85 years old has been in the hospital. He has had a stroke. His ability to concentrate has been the biggest change in him.
He continues to ask about the hunt for the de  
Grad(e)s. I have shared the information that you have sent to us and he is thrilled. Even in the hospital (He should be released this week), he was asking about the Walloons. Also, my father, Evert, has asked if your name has a meaning? If so, please let me know.

I have done some Walloon research online. They are/were a most interesting people. I have not run across the name deGrad(e) in any of the lists,
but I do believe that you and Ann-Britt are correct as to the origins of the name.

Well, Åke, I did check out your young childless
couple (new de Grade names) and definitely think that a EUREKA moment is on the horizon! I am sure that you are just so pleased and I commend you on your fine research!

Let me know how your quest is going. I am a bit behind in doing research this past week. Hopefully, once my father is stabilized, I can continue.  He just loves that the Swedes have been so helpful.

Here's hoping that your Swedish summer is sunny and warm. Here in Pennsylvania, it has been hot and humid and when it rains, you would think that we were in the tropics- very heavy downpours with
flooding in low areas.  

Have a great week,

Roni

2004-08-09, 08:32
Svar #13

Utloggad Olle Elm

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 11058
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-23, 11:36
    • Visa profil
    • www.orserum.info
Åke Bjurström,
Have you noticed de Grade/De Grad, vitt kort - ref till handskrifter, GF släktarkiv. on http://www.genealogi.net/? Perhaps a way to get more information on this interesting name.
Vänligen,
Olle Elm
PS. I made a link below on Släkter: Vallonsläkter. Hope this will contribute. DS
Vänligen,
Olle Elm

2004-08-09, 12:16
Svar #14

Utloggad Åke Bjurström

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Hej Roni!

Sorry about your father, I hope he will be better soon.
Just back from a trip to Finland.

Background.
My family came late to Finspång 1891, from iron mills in Småland.
My grandmother (from a family of many hammersmiths) died the same day she gave birth to twins, boy and girl, 1901 Mar.15.
My grandparent already had four small children, so the twins were adopted away. (Fosterchildren, adoption was not possible before 1917).
I know what happend to the boy, his new family name, wife, death.

Now I have found out some about Vilhelmina Christina.
1910 census Risinge.
Both men in the family still iron workers at the weapon factory in Finspång.
Klas Peter de Grade b.1824 widower
Karl Gustaf de Grade b.1865
wife Hedda Alfrida Wärn b.1867
foster-daughter Vilhelmina Kristina b.1901

I shall try to find out more about her.

About GID 238.2.18800.
Karl Gustaf?s two years older sister was småskollärarinna, preparatory school mistress, and he was Frik= frikallad, Exempted from military service.
Karl Gustaf died 1929 July 02 of struma, his wife Hedda was still living.

Going to the library some of these days. I have some more information but I stop here so it is not getting too long.

Olle  
Thank you for the information, I will check that.

The summer is absolutly fantastic.
Åke

2004-08-09, 12:23
Svar #15

Utloggad Sven-Ove Brattström

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 3276
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-02-09, 14:25
  • Bilden är gammal, mera rynkor nu :)
    • Visa profil
Hi!
De Grad is listed as a walloon name. You will find the familyname on this link www.vallon.a.se/namnlista_frv.htm, where it is listed as Le Grand (De Grad).
Sven-Ove
Brattis (före 2004 Linewizard) = Sven-Ove Brattström

2004-08-09, 19:14
Svar #16

Utloggad Åke Bjurström

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Roni, Olle, Sven-Ove!

Very Good News!!
Thank?s to all.

Åke

2004-08-09, 22:43
Svar #17

EssanGradhman

I just now saw a Jungfru Cath. Degrad moving from Östra Vingåker to Stockholm about 1764-68.
Genline GID 456.17.39000.
Essan

2004-08-10, 04:09
Svar #18

Roni Christensen

Ole,Sven-Ove,Essan och Åke,

Tack så mycket!! Kudos to all!

The information,links and discussions are so helpful and provide great guidance.  My greatest challenge is my minimal Swedish, but I continue to learn.

Åke-Looks like there are Walloons in the family!
More homework and research! Yea!

Another question......The Walloons were Protestant
but not Lutheran? Did they originally have their own churches?

Wonderful information- -thank you!

Roni

2004-08-10, 09:08
Svar #19

Utloggad Åke Bjurström

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Bonjour monsieur Roni!
Comment allez-vous?

They were walloons after all. Otherwise it would have been strange that the famous de Geer family cared for the de Grads, even if it was in a small manner, if there have not been some links between them.
Most of the following was written befor Sven-Oves report, but I will send it anyway.

I found a list over Mills, Estates and Crofts in Risinge 1633-1750 made by David Eriksson, written out by Marie-Anne Olsson, Finspång 1993. This is extracts too, easy to read.

In Finspång
Anders Mattsson hammersmith, children Petter b. 1717 Jan.13, Catharina b.1722 Febr.15, Christina b.1725 Febr.15 d.1779 Apr.30, Anna b.1727 Aug.29 d.1783 May?, Anders (de Grad) b.1733 Nov.01

Anders Andersson de Grad hammersmith b.1733 Nov.01 d.1810 july 10.
1 marriage 1754 Nov.13 to Stina Olofsdotter from Finspång b.1732 Jan.28 d.1760 May 10 (28y 4 1/2m)
2 marriage 1760 Oct.26 to Lena Andersdotter from Åsunda. Child Johan b.1758 Apr.29 (Looks like Lena was the mother, Anders not the father).

At first I thought that all swedish Anders Mattssons youngest son took the name de Grad out of the blue, but futher down the page there is a hammersmith Anders Johansson. His son Johan b.1750 took BACK the family name Raquette.

I think that the de Grad family switched to the swedish patronymic system and Anders, and mybe other family members, switched back, fashion or other reasons.

The walloons were under religious persecution in Belgium around 1600.
They belonged to the reform calvinism church, that was one reason why they left for Sweden.
In the beginning some ortodox lutherian swedish priests did not like that Louis de Geer imported schoolmasters who held sermons in french for his workers at the Finspång mill.
They did not have any church buildings, and the calvinism era was short, soon they became lutherian.
But some ortodox lutherian priests did not want to marry walloons to swedish girls, the children could became calvinists. This was around 1642 and again 1672-75.
Mostly it was a personel fight between Louis de Geer and some priests, people in common was not involved, but if it was a problem to get married, perhaps you wanted a swedish name.
The problem endid when Louis de Geer told the swedish church that if they wanted to have there own priests, they would have to pay them too.

Now it is time to bring out your European mapbook and look for the city of Liége in Belgium and the Ardennes mountains to the south, heartland of the walloons.
(de Grads, must be hundreds of them)

Åke

2004-08-11, 03:47
Svar #20

Roni Christensen

Bon soir, Monsieur Åke,

Guess that I will have to brush-up on my French!
It has been a while, but I am currently trying to
learn Spanish which reminds me of French.  

I have been doing some research on the Walloons,
since you and Ann-Britt pointed me in that direction.
There really is a great deal of info on them.  Last night, when I located the name de Grade on the Swedish Walloon site, I then went to  the Mormon site on-line and put in the name le Grand.  Sure enough, there are many in Wallonia (Belgium).

I will also need to research the de Geer family.
Are they more Dutch? I believe that I read something about a connection to the Dutch East India Company?  If they came from Belgium, which of the Walloonian cities did they originally live in/have connection to? This would just be a nice little clue. So-o much homework........  

Our combined information has not come across a birth date, place or parents for my Anders Persson/Pehrsson de Grad. He died on 19 December 1799 at the age of 52, born about 1746-47. With the information on Anders Mattsson hammersmith, son Petter b. 1717 Jan.13. Could the name of Petter been changed by spelling to come out like Persson? This might be a bit of a stretch. Let me know.

My favorite Viking, my father, appears to be getting a bit stronger.  He is 85 years old, so only time will tell.

The Swedes and their great getaways!. . to say nothing of those mandatory five weeks off! America needs to get with that program!

Any way, many thanks again.  

Au revoir!

Roni  
P.S. Roni is short for Veronica, so je suis une femme.

2004-08-11, 12:49
Svar #21

Åke Bjurstöm

Hej Veronica!

I could almost feel that. I asked some friends: boy or girl, and everybody said boy, and I said: but the ending i.

Now I have been reading some books about the walloons in Sweden and, very short, this is what I found.
From the beginning, the name in Belgium was probably le Grenadeur, later shortened to le Grand, almost a nickname the big one.
I found a man, le Grand in Li?ge phonebook on internet, but no de Grade.

The name seems to appear in Sweden at first in Nyköping around 1628-29.
Some le Grand, all charcoal-burners.
(Louis de Geer sent for all kinds of workers connected to the iron industy).
An Elair le Grand (1628) is 1635 callad Iler de Gran. (pretty close).
Then you can read: Many things speaks for that one family line later had the name changed to de Grade.
(This must be in Sweden, they probably never had that name in Belgium).

This book mostly covers the years 1600-1700.

Some of the families you find connected to the de Grad family in birth, marriage and death are well known walloons, f. ex. Allard and Cardon.

Cardon is one of few walloon names that still is spelled in the original Belgian way. Many other names have been changed during the centuries.

About Canon it says that it looks like a soldier?s name, but the smith-family Canon in Risinge is probably walloon.
The author takes them as an exampel for that some walloon families are hard to follow because they sometimes use the patronymic habit for a couple of generations.
The Canon family vanished for 150 years before they came back.

Anders Mattsson?s son Petter, must be called Petter Andersson, I think.

About Louis de Geer, I must look that up. He is from Belgium but his wife was Dutch. It is an exciting story, probably not true, but it is a good one.

No vacation for me, retired since three years, so I have plenty of time for this new hobby.

Åke

2004-08-17, 04:59
Svar #22

Roni Christensen

Hej, Åke,

Sorry that I have not gotten back to you sooner,
but my work and my father have required my full attention.  

I have several more questions and will send them to you later in the week.  I checked out some of the information on Genline, so I will need your
assistance again.

Tack for all your wonderful history. Are you a retired teacher?  Your personality shines through your writing.  How long have you been doing family research?  

Hope all is well,

Roni

2004-08-17, 15:07
Svar #23

Utloggad Åke Bjurström

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Hej Roni

After thinking more about it, if Petter Andersson b.1717 had a son his last name would probably be Persson. He could have got the same name as his grandfather, Anders, very popular in the family.

If his unkel Anders b.1733 took back the name de Grad (as it looks like) it is possible that this ev. Anders Persson is the same de Grad b.1746-47 that you are looking for.
Petter was in that case around 30 years old when an ev. Anders was born.
I guess you need some more to be sure.

I have been doing family research only for three years, started as a welder, then 30 years as a tecnician (hydraulics) at papermills.

Hope that all will go your way.

Åke

2005-03-29, 14:00
Svar #24

Sune Nilsson

Hello Roni and Åke.

I´m doing a little research on the de Grad-family in Finspång and found your interesting discussion. How is it going with the familysearch? How did it end?

2005-03-29, 18:53
Svar #25

Utloggad Åke Bjurström

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Hej Sune

At first I didn´t know if my aunt was adopted or married into the De Grade family.
As she was fosterdaugther I stopped seeking about the family, but I still haven´t found out what happend to her, Vilhelmina Kristina b. 1901 mars 15, after 1910 Census Risinge.
(At this line 09 aug. 2004, kl. 12,16)
I think that Karl Gustaf De Grade b. 1865 and his wife Hedda Alfrida Wärn b. 1867, childless, were the last De Grade in Finspång.
I don´t know what family name Vilhelmina Kristina used. Her twin brother was adopted by another family and used that name.
Roni´s Family line goes, I think over Norrköping, Stockholm and Norway to USA.
Do you have any connection to the family, Sune?

Mvh Åke

2006-01-18, 00:21
Svar #26

Utloggad Ankie Eckerbert

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 2
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-08-31, 12:22
    • Visa profil
Hi everyone,
Have you managed to find out more about Anders Persson de Grad who actually is my mother's father's father's mother's father? As you've mentioned above he died on Dec 19 1799 and he was born on June 26 1747 (in Finspång). Parents were Peter (Petter)Andersson born 1717 and Sara Samuelsdotter (Samuel's daughter)born 1718 and dead 1784. Peter's father was Anders Mathson dead 1737? married to Catharina and his siblings were Catharina 1722-1799, Christina 1725-1779, Anna 1727-1783, and Anders 1733-1810 the alderman in Åke's mail from 25 July 2004.

This sure is a complicated family with lots of Anders' and Johans and Peters!

My connection to Anders is his youngest daughter Sara Elisabeth (Lisa)1799-1878.

Hope you still check this site and can spend some time to write a mail!
Best regards,
Ankie

2009-08-24, 12:03
Svar #27

Utloggad Moderator Släkter

• Moderatorgruppen *
  • Antal inlägg: 1023
  • Senast inloggad: 2016-06-16, 23:05
    • Visa profil
A couple of posts in Swedish have been moved to the Swedish language discussion .

2009-08-25, 04:36
Svar #28

Utloggad Elsie Ekstrom Martin

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 76
  • Senast inloggad: 2010-03-28, 00:33
    • Visa profil
Hej Forskare,
Jag undrar om Gradin/Graden har någon anknytning till de Grad/Grade.  Har någon kommit till forsknings leden på det sätt.  
Mvh,
Elsie Ekström Martin
Brooklyn Center, MN, USA

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna