ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Måklos Persson Kihlgren,Olof  (läst 1207 gånger)

2004-10-27, 01:31
läst 1207 gånger

Nancy Jaderen

Olof Persson Kihlgren Måklos was born 27 Nov 1778
in Björkarsbo,Folkärna.He married Anna Andersdotter 10 Oct 1802 in Grytnas and died 22 July 1845. I believe he was a soldier and most likely Måklos was his soldier name. My question is why would he be listed under 3 names and which name should I try to search for. thank you
   Nancy Jaderen

2004-10-27, 23:41
Svar #1

Utloggad Siv Nauman

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 330
  • Senast inloggad: 2011-04-24, 22:33
    • Visa profil
May I ask you where  you have got that information from? I have found Olof Persson born the 25th of Nov 1778 in Björkarsbo, Folkärna and babtisted the 27th the same month. I can´t find the rest.
Kind regards
Siv

2004-10-28, 00:19
Svar #2

Utloggad Irma Ridbäck

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 547
  • Senast inloggad: 2016-01-03, 12:11
    • Visa profil
    • www.ir-text.se
Måklos should be Maklös. Maklös (earlier spellt: Maaklös) is a soldier name. You can find the name in Västmanlands regemente (Regiment named Västmanland). In 1793 the soldier named Maklös had number 224 (in regiment), 74 (in Company lieutenant-colonel). As you can see my notes refer to 1793, at least five years before your man became a soldier.
Persson is his patronymikon, his father was named Per or Petter. I hope somebody else knows why he also had Kihlgren. When you look for him as child, you look for Olof Persson, and you'll that way learn why he also had Kihlgren..
Kind regards
Irma

2004-10-28, 01:16
Svar #3

Nancy Jaderen

Thank you,Siv and Irma,
  my information came from another person who answered me from the Anbytarform,but used my email address. Also,from someone else who picked up on my query through Google search engine.I will order the films and search him out.I was just curious why he would be carrying 3 surnames.
  Nancy

2004-10-28, 11:11
Svar #4

Utloggad Lars Skillius

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 777
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-25, 19:32
    • Visa profil
The obsolete word and soldier name Maklös is probably the origin of our present word makalös, meaning matchless or incomparable.
Lars

2004-11-01, 01:45
Svar #5

Nancy Jaderen

Hej Lars,
 This seems to be a pretty big name for a soldier.If this described him I think it would be pretty interesting to find out what his military history was. Can I assume he was in the Vastmanland regiment,Folkarna company? How can I find out more information?
  Nancy

2004-11-01, 20:18
Svar #6

Utloggad Irma Ridbäck

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 547
  • Senast inloggad: 2016-01-03, 12:11
    • Visa profil
    • www.ir-text.se
Hi Nancy,
There are different theories of how soldiers got their names. May i suggest you contact Krigsarkivet (The Military Archives) in Stockholm. They can tell you more. I think they have some information in English.  E-mail: krigsarkivet@krigsarkivet.ra.se

2004-11-01, 21:14
Svar #7

Nancy Jaderen

Thank you,Irma. I'll take your suggestion and hope for information. For some reason,this ancestor really has me curious.
  Nancy

2004-11-02, 21:29
Svar #8

Eva Johnsdotter

I have found several soldiers who change their soldier´s  names. I guess they had to take a new name if they for some reason changed the rote(Engl. file?).The name Kihlgren might origine from a rote in Västerbykil, Västmanland, but this is just a guess.Anyway, his parents were Per Persson born 1732 and Anna Andersdotter born 1736. Last week I took a trip to try to find the place of his home but did not succeed. Anyway, if someone happens to find out more of this soldier, I would be most interested to hear about it.

2004-11-03, 01:16
Svar #9

Nancy Jaderen

Thank you Eva,  The dates will give me something to lookk for. Everyone is so helpful and I really appreciate it.
   Nancy

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna