ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Hagg Family Chronicles, Maurits Hagg  (läst 904 gånger)

2005-12-06, 22:31
läst 904 gånger

Maurits Wilhelm Hagg

To anyone who can help me

I am busy to put the complex puzzle together of the Hägg Family Chronicles. I have a copy of the Hagg Family Chronicles that only includes the Dutch and some Götland branches. This I would like to update with more brances, especially the broader Gotland branch and American brances. With my research and international connections I've made, I found out that the expanse of the family is much greater than I thought, with a great flood of emigrations to the US and Canada, the UK and Holland. I myself (from the Hollandse clan/branch)live in South Africa and can trace my ancestory up to the so-called first ancestor named Lydeka/Lyke (born a.c. 1475 and died c.a. 1540 in Nyby, in the parish of Kulla). He came from Roslagen with his son Mats Lydekasson (1510 - 1575) to the farm Aske in Hatuna. This Mats inherited in 1539 the farm Värsta, in Häggeby. Häggeby is the source of our family name. Mats' grandson, Axel Ingemundsson Hegg/Hägg was the first to use this family name (found in a document that is at the Riksarchiv in Stockholm).
I need to know if the above is true and if all the Hägg families around the world are connected to this clan.

2005-12-07, 20:22
Svar #1

Utloggad Britt Börjesson

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 396
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-08-30, 20:33
    • Visa profil
Hej Maurits,
Hägg is a beautiful name, meaning bird cherry tree, and a popular name. Some has taken this name after birthplace, as the family you describe. There are over 70 places in Sweden in my atlas starting with Hägg- . Others has got it as a soldiers name. The online database for swedish soldiers under the old system can only show 50 hits, and when searching for soldiers named Hägg, not even all the ones with first names starting on A comes within these 50. Yet others have chosen it just because it is a nice name. The online phonebook has a limitation at 1000 - and there are more people named Hägg than this with a telephone in Sweden today. Over 1400 people named Hägg emigrated from Sweden in the late 1800s and early 1900s. I have been involved in research for an american Hägg/Hagg family - their grandfather, born Olsson, took this name at immigration, with inspiration from the name of his home farm in Sweden.
The origins, and the branches, of the family you describe may be correct, but not that they are connected to all the other Hägg in the world.
Best wishes,
Britt

2005-12-07, 20:27
Svar #2

Utloggad Christina Backman

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 833
  • Senast inloggad: 2017-04-22, 18:01
    • Visa profil
And there are at present 3343 individuals in Sweden with the surname Hägg...

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna