ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Berry in U.S. - Berrij in Sweden?  (läst 441 gånger)

2006-02-09, 00:57
läst 441 gånger

Joy McMullen

Thanks to all who have read and responded to my January posts about the Berry surname.  I just ran across an ancestor tree that had a person, born in Sweden, with the surname BERRIJ.  Is this a Swedish surname?  How would it be pronounced?  Might this be a possible Swedish surname for my ancestor Charles Berry?  
If this is a possibility, I can re-list the details but they are in my previous posts in Jan 2006 under Berry  (Hope I have used the post correctly.)

2006-02-09, 11:55
Svar #1

Utloggad Anna-Carin Betzén

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1112
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-10-28, 20:07
    • Visa profil
    • www.btz.se
Berrij isn't a Swedish surname but when pronounced in Swedish it is very similar to the Swedish surname Berg. For an idea of the pronounciation of either, take the name Berry but pronounce the 'y' as in 'you'.

2006-02-09, 23:04
Svar #2

Joy McMullen

Thank you for the information.  I had hoped that perhaps at long last I might have a name that would help me find my ancestor, but it was not so.  I will keep looking.  Is is interesting to see how the name Berry may have been pronounced by them when they first came to the U.S.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna