ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Birth record help, please  (läst 1022 gånger)

2006-07-31, 10:31
läst 1022 gånger

Judie Lundgren

Hi,

I may have reached the end of research on one family because they came from Ockelbo, where records were destroyed.  

Here is what I have:

+Unknown  
Carin Olsdotter b. 17 Jul 1823, Skog,Hälsingland
 +Olof Tornell b. 11 Jun 1832
 married 22 Sep 1856, Tönnånger, Skog,Hälsingland  
 par. Olof Larsson and Lisa Karlsdotter
Children:
Lisa Olsdotter (oäkta) b. 5 Oct 1855, Tönnånger, Skog, Hälsingland  
Karin Tornell b. 15 Jun 1857, Tönnånger, Skog, Hälsingland  
Olof W. Tornell b. 24 May 1860, Tönnånger, Skog, Hälsingland  
Per Tornell b. 1863
Anna M. Tornell b. 1868

Brita Olsdotter b. 23 Nov 1824, Klubbacken, Ockelbo, Hälsingland
+Daniel Carlson b. 4 Sep 1814, Södra Kyrkobyn, Hanebo,Hälsingland
  married 22 Jun 1851, Tönnånger, Skog, Hälsingland  
  par. Carl Jakob Phragmén and Brita Larsdotter
Children:
Per Carlson b. 1 Apr 1852, Tönnånger, Skog, Hälsingland
Kirsten Carlson b. 11 Aug 1853, Tönnånger, Skog,Hälsingland
Carl Carlson b. 24 Feb 1855, Tönnånger, Skog, Hälsingland  
Brita Carlson (Twin) b. 26 May 1858, Tönnånger, Skog,Hälsingland  
Daniel Carlson (Twin) b. 26 May 1858, Tönnånger, Skog,Hälsingland
Karin Carlson b. 6 Jan 1862, Tönnånger, Skog, Hälsingland  
Anders Carlson b. 15 Apr 1863, Tönnånger, Skog, Hälsingland  
Rosa Carlson b. After 1865, Pilot Mound, Boone, Iowa, d. Infant,  
William Carlson b. Abt 1868, Pilot Mound, Boone, Iowa

I have a great deal more about descendants as well as the ancestry of Daniel Carlson. But the parents and brothers and sisters of Carin and Brita Olsdotter are unknown.

In a desperate attempt to find any kind of information, I have searched the birth records. Using various dictionaries, I have tried to understand the words and meanings, but I am uncertain about most of them.

Would the people present at the baptism be relatives? I hope so, because there seems no other way to find them.

Below is a link to the records I was able to find. Any little clue would be most welcome!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/quinndog/Childrens-Births.jpg

Thanks!

Judie

2006-07-31, 19:33
Svar #1

Utloggad Staffan Tronestam

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 374
  • Senast inloggad: 2012-12-05, 16:29
    • Visa profil
Hello Judie!

Ockelbo has a club for genealogy.

They have tried to recreate the churchbooks with other sources.

I think that you can get some help from them.

Click on the link for English visitors.

http://hem.passagen.se/obosf/

I will look more carefully on your page later.
But this is a clue.

Best regards from Staffan Tronestam

2006-07-31, 22:34
Svar #2

Judie Lundgren

Thank you Staffan!

I will contact the Ockelbo släktforskarförening. I hope they will have something I can use.

Judie

2006-08-01, 01:37
Svar #3

Utloggad Tord Påhlman

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 2085
  • Senast inloggad: 2017-11-13, 21:51
    • Visa profil
At the annual Swedish genealogist convention held in Stockholm August 12-13, Elsa Lagevik will present and sell her CD-ROM containing genealocical records from Ockelbo. It is a result of the recreation of church records she has been doing for the last 20 years. As far as as I know, the price of this CD-ROM will be reasonable, about 450-500 Swedish Kronor.

It seems you have some ancestors from the Törnell family. General Olof Törnell was the Swedish Supreme Commander under WW2 (Sweden did not participate).

2006-08-04, 22:22
Svar #4

Judie Lundgren

I am trying to find clues about family from Ockelbo parish in Gästrikland.I need help interpreting records from Skog parish in Hälsingland to see if  some of the family might be present. Would the people present at the baptism be relatives, or was it common to include others?
Any clue is appreciated!

Thanks!

Judie

2006-08-04, 22:24
Svar #5

Judie Lundgren

I am trying to find clues about family from Ockelbo parish in Gästrikland.I need help interpreting records from Skog parish in Hälsingland to see if  some of the family might be present. Would the people present at the baptism be relatives, or was it common to include others?
Any clue is appreciated!

Thanks!

Judie

2006-08-04, 22:42
Svar #6

Judie Lundgren

I'm sorry! I'm just learning how to do images. One more try, then I'll quit.  

2006-08-05, 17:31
Svar #7

Utloggad Staffan Benedictsson

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 279
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-04-30, 09:31
    • Visa profil
Hi Judie!
I can give it a try. Here is an attempt on the first three. I haven´t looked up all the places, therefor some of them might be wrongly spelled.

1852 Per:
Dr. Ol. Olsson i Lingbo och pig Kar. Olsdr. i Löftjära.  
Husman Jon Olsson och Hu. Kerstin Jakobsdr i Fallet
my translation:
Farm hand Olof (probably) Olsson in Lingbo and maid Kar. (probably Karin och perhaps Kerstin) Olsdotter in Löftjära.
Husman (not sure about the exact meaning but it seems to be a person who lives in a rented house with his own household)
Jon Olsson and wife Kerstin Jakobsdotter in Fallet  

1853 Christine
Torp. Lars Olsson och dess H.. Anna Jonsdr. i Kallbäck; Dr. .......son (Per ....son?)
 i ?ygården och pig. Kerstin Carlsdr. i Håkanbo Hanebo socken
My translation:
Crofter Lars Olsson and his Wife Anna Jonsdotter in Kallbäck; Farm Hand ........
in Nygården(?) and maid Kerstin Carlsdotter in Håkanbo Hanebo parish

1855 Carl
Torp. Jon Hansson och Hu. Anna Ersdr i Löftjära; Bondeson  
Olof Olsson i .......... och Bondedottr. Chjerstin Olsdr. i Ekmå.. Ugglebo sn
My translation:
Crofter Jon Hansson and wife Anna Ersdotter in Löftjära; farmers son Olof Olsson in .......  
and farmers daughter Chjerstin Olsdotter in Ekmå Ugglebo parish (there doesnt seem to be a Ugglebo parish. But there is a Ugglebo in Torsåker Parish in the area)

Maby someone else can fill in the blanks and do the fourth.

There is often relatives present at the baptism, but also neighbours and friends. I have in many cases found brothers and sisters of the childs parents and even the childs grandparents. But a lot of them are neighbours and friends.

Good luck

2006-08-05, 20:03
Svar #8

Judie Lundgren

Staffan!

Thank you very much for your help. Uggelbo is an old name for Ockelbo parish, the one whose records were lost in the fire.

You have confirmed that Olof Olsson was at each baptism. I suspect that he is the brother of Brita Olsdotter, who is the mother of the children. His name was also Olof Sundberg. Olof Sundberg came to America and lived near Brita and Karin, but there is no information proving that he is their brother. There is a story from a daughter of Brita that Olof was related somehow, but she couldn't remember just what the relationship was.

Karin Olsdotter is Brita's sister. That is known.  Jon Olsson is new to me. He may be another brother.

Once more, thank you for your help!

Judie

2006-08-06, 09:51
Svar #9

Utloggad Tord Påhlman

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 2085
  • Senast inloggad: 2017-11-13, 21:51
    • Visa profil
Brita Olsdotter b. 23 Nov 1824, Klubbacken, Ockelbo, Hälsingland

The name of the place is Klubbäcken.

2006-08-06, 10:09
Svar #10

Judie Lundgren

Ouch! And I try to be so careful with spelling of Swedish names and places. I checked all of my records, and Klubbäcken is spelled incorrectly in all of them. Thanks for catching that error.

2011-06-15, 05:55
Svar #11

Utloggad Brooke Billick

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 2
  • Senast inloggad: 2018-06-14, 00:53
    • Visa profil
Judie  -- if you are still monitoring this posting, I would like to contact you.  Daniel Carlson and Brita Olsdotter are my great great grandparents.  Their son, Per Carlson (Peter in the United States) is my great grandfather.  

I would like to obtain if I can the information you have about Daniel's ancestors and descendants (in addition to what I know).

As we say, this is a long shot in light of how old this posting is, but it is worth the try.

Thanks, Brooke

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna