ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Translation request (1754)  (läst 707 gånger)

2006-07-23, 23:01
läst 707 gånger

Harold Silander

Can someone take a shot at reading the following birth record, please? It is extremely poor quality and is probably not readable on Genline.

Genline GID 638.21.78400
Skaraborg, Järpås
C4 Births, Marriages 1705-1759 p929
left hand page 928, 10th entry

This should be the birth record of Petter Bergsson 29/8/1754. I would like to know parents and placenames if at all possible. Thanks.

2006-07-24, 11:52
Svar #1

Bo Johansson

Birt date: 29 Aug
Bapt date: (1 Sep??)
Name: Petter

The father's name is very difficult, it could be Anders. Or something completely different. Compare with the father named Anders at the 6th birth on the page.

I think the mother's name might be Annika Mattisdotter.

Placename may perhaps be something ending in -berke.

BTW, Bergsson is a very unusual surname, Befolkning 1890 has only one Bergsson.

// Bo Johansson

2006-07-24, 14:01
Svar #2

Harold Silander

Thanks for taking a good shot at this, Bo.

His father's name could well be Anders, as I have found Peter Andersson and Petter Bergson (maybe Bengtsson?) with same birth details and family.

I found his name originally as father of my GG Grandmother Greta Pehrsdotter b.1/3/1806. In GID 638.22.95400 Skaraborg, Järpås page 621 5th entry. I read them as being Torpanfolk (crofters?) in Larback under Ruslebacka.

In Larback, the father is Peter Andersson. See GID 1529.1.23400 Skaraborg, Höra page 123.

Without exploring the whole trail, I found his death in 11/11/1812 in Kullen. See GID 1529.2.29400 page 30.

Greta's mother also undergoes name changes, sometimes being Andersdotter and sometimes Johansdotter. All the records have other information (DOB, children) which seem to confirm her as the same person, despite having her name wrongly. I have only done a couple of weeks research so far, so there is a lot more checking that I still have to do.

I would be very grateful if you could give your opinion of my interpretation of these 3 records. Many thanks.

2006-07-24, 15:00
Svar #3

Bo Johansson

I think the name is Bergsten, so Petter Andersson had taken the new surname Bergsten.

And the parents are Torparfolk (crofter people) in Greta's birth record.

// Bo Johansson

2006-07-24, 16:02
Svar #4

Bo Johansson

BTW, have you seen that Höra HFL volume AI:1 is in four parts, so Petter Andersson Bergsten with first wife Greta, second wife Maria, and children are on page 66, 122 and 174. On the last of these they seem to have moved from Lärbäck to Kullen.

// Bo Johansson

2006-07-24, 21:12
Svar #5

Harold Silander

Wonderful, Bo!

My first 20 day subscription to Genline expires in a couple of hours.

I will now spend a few weeks trying to understand my notes, peruse the images captured, and update my database.

I will be back!

Many thanks.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna