ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Confirmation needed I have right area in household examination  (läst 488 gånger)

2007-01-02, 10:58
läst 488 gånger

Utloggad Jenny Kerr

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 34
  • Senast inloggad: 2013-04-13, 12:09
    • Visa profil
Hi

Once again I have to turn to you helpful people for some help.

I have found my great great grandfather and greatgrandfather in the immigration to Hedvig Eleonora. GID 2732.246,26700.  

They are Claes Bernhard Falk and son Clas Otto Falk.

I need the translation of the address given to confirm that they are on GID 2732.238.18500 Hedvig Eleonora household examination. Claes Falk only appearing.

I may be well off the track and I could be spending lots of time looking in the wrong area.

Thank you
Jenny

2007-01-03, 03:34
Svar #1

Utloggad Ingela Martenius

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1489
  • Senast inloggad: 2013-10-25, 18:20
    • Visa profil
Jenny,

I don't think Claes Falk in GID 2732.238.18500 is the same man as your ancestor. This Claes Falk is noted as the former artilleryman (f.d. Artilleristen, while your ancestor moving into Hedvig Eleonora is noted as a miller (mjölnaren).
I think your ancestor was noted somewhere else as a miller?
There is also the question of what has become of the son - and also the name. There are other men with several given names and the clerk at least gives an abbreviated version of the secondary names. So why not with Claes Bernhard?

In the migration roll Claes Bernhard Falk and his son are moving to Östra Warfsgränd 1 (modern spelling Östra Varvsgränd - it's still there, and with a house from the mid 18th century too!). Now, not being from Stockholm, I have no idea which block (qvarter, modern spelling kvarter) Östra Varvsgränd is in, but it is at Djurgården (or more properly Kungliga Djurgården...).

Ingela

2007-01-03, 12:17
Svar #2

Utloggad Jenny Kerr

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 34
  • Senast inloggad: 2013-04-13, 12:09
    • Visa profil
Hi Ingela,

Thanks for your help.

I searched in 1857 Household record and found a Claes B Falk, f.d. Artilleristen in Kvarter Trädgården with the same birthday as mine, but he has two sons aged 1 and 6.  
So will have to look for mine elsewhere.  
Jenny

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna