ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Were is this place located  (läst 502 gånger)

2007-05-02, 00:40
läst 502 gånger

Nancy Jaderen

I have an ancestor who was born in 1725 in Falun.
Is this a village or parish and what county is it in?. Thank you

Nancy Jaderen

2007-05-02, 04:33
Svar #1

Utloggad Ingela Martenius

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1489
  • Senast inloggad: 2013-10-25, 18:20
    • Visa profil
Falun is today a small town, in the province of Dalarna, county of Kopparberg (formerly, it's renamed Dalarna's county these days).
Today the municipality has 54000 inhabitants, of which 36000 live in the town proper.

Falun was granted town privileges in 1641, but had been an important place (due to being the copper mining capital) since the late Middle Ages. Around the mid 17th century it had 6000 inhabitants and was thus one of the most populous towns in Sweden.
Sweden - which is to say Falun - was the biggest producer of copper in Europe at the time. So big and important was the copper mining that Sweden's economy was not based on the gold standard but on the copper standard!
The mine at Falun has been declared a World Heritage Site.

You can read more about Falun (in English of course) at http://www.falun.se/www/english.nsf

Today Falun municipality has ten parishes but I think that maybe only one or two were designated Falun in the old days.
The ten parishes are: Aspeboda, Bjursås, Enviken, Falu Kristine, Hosjö, Stora Kopparberg, Sundborn, Svartnäs, Svärdsjö and Vika.  
The ones I suspect of being Falun of old are Falu Kristine and also Stora Kopparberg.

Ingela

2007-05-02, 21:08
Svar #2

Nancy Jaderen

Thanks Ingela. I saw Falu Kristine in the parish list from genline. I couldn't find anything there so I will check out Stora Kopperberg
  Nancy

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna