ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: To anyone familiar with Landskrona - city block names  (läst 821 gånger)

2001-02-26, 22:53
läst 821 gånger

Marilyn Wertman

Hej -
I will be visiting Landskrona this July and would like to locate the buildings my ancestors & relatives lived in.  From church records, I have their addresses, which I understand are the names of city blocks, but they do not appear on modern street maps that I have (I assume the numbers are house numbers - true?).  Can anyone tell me what streets would border the following:

Tärnan - #9, 16, 18
Snäppen - #3, 4, 23, 24
Fiskmåsen - #6, 7, 9, 10, 13
Skålen - #3
Gråset - #5
Gamla Staden #10, 16
Hassöran - #3B
Norra Förstaden #75
Örja #18 (south of the city?)

When looking at husförhörslängd registers for Landskrona, it appears that these addresses are all within the same general area.  True?

What church might people who lived in these neighborhoods attend?  If they died while living in Landskrona, would they be buried in that churchyard or would they be buried in their parish of birth?

Any assistance would greatly help my in my visit to Landskrona as my time there will, unfortunately, be limited.  

Tack så mycket
Marilyn Wertman

2001-03-01, 20:33
Svar #1

Utloggad Bibi Gustafson

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 213
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-03-01, 22:30
    • Visa profil
Hello Marilyn!

You are correct in assuming the names are city blocks. However, the numbers are not really house numbers. They are lot or parcel numbers. I've been to Landskrona, but am not familiar with city block names... I just checked the homepage of Landskrona (www.landskrona.se). The building office has a separate department linked to the surveyors of Sweden. There I found an e-mail address: klm@sb.landskrona.se. They might be able to help you with the translation of the block names to street addresses. Hope this helps you find your way in Landskrona.

Best regards/ Bibi Gustafson

2001-03-09, 19:45
Svar #2

Marilyn Wertman

Bibi -

Thank you for the tip - I will e-mail the address you suggested and see if they can help!  I appreciate your response to my question.

Regards,
Marilyn Wertman

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna