ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Staden Hedemora in 1830-1839 Husforhuslangd  (läst 1766 gånger)

2004-03-16, 23:40
läst 1766 gånger

Victoria Boutilier

Hello, I am trying to find the Hedemora Staden in the 1830-1839 Husforhuslangd but I can't find anything which says staden so I don't know what is the city and what are surrounding villages. How do I know when I'm looking at the town records? Is the town recorded only under neighborhood or street names??? Help!

2004-03-17, 10:35
Svar #1

Utloggad Elisabeth Thorsell

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 9209
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-05-27, 17:48
    • Visa profil
    • www.etgenealogy.se
According to the SVAR catalog you will find Hedemora Stadsförsamling in the volume AI:15a, which covers 1830-39. 1840-46 is in volume AI:16a. These are what you would use in Sweden.

It seems that the archive has re-indexed them since the microfilming, so by looking at the FHL catalog I would guess you would need FHL  140587

and for 1840-46 FHL  140589

2004-03-18, 06:31
Svar #2

Victoria Boutilier

Thanks, that answered my question. But now I have even more questions!!! Only some of which are:
Namely, does the following note mean a man was a member of Gustafs military regiment: bor i Gustaf his(?) Norstrom  
(His daughter adopted that surname (Nordstrom) later in life).  
If it is a military name, does that mean that all the soldiers in a regiment lived in a particular place?
This man's wife was born at a place called Gustafs. I don't know if there is a place in Hedemora by this name or if it must be another parish.  
I am also trying to figure out if there is a place in Hedemora called Norberg (I know there's another parish by this name). Ditto for Nibbleasen and Tuna
I am also trying to figure out what is skop (man's occupation), and arbetskarl hos(?) Major (Mojon?) Soltu  
Meaning of (oagla) under a daughter's name?
Thanks for your help.

2004-03-18, 10:14
Svar #3

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
    • www.etgenealogy.se
Hi Victoria, some of those are tricky questions.

1. Should probably read bor i Gustafs hos Norström, which means that the person lives in Gustafs [which is a parish on the north side of Säter] in the Norström house.  

2.Norström/Nordström is a typical Swedish surname and may not have to do with the army. Mostly the soldiers lived in many places, and not together.

3. Gustafs, already mentioned.

4. You can find a list of villages in Hedemora here.
Norberg and Tuna probably refers to the parishes by those names.

5. skop does not now mean anything to me. arbetskarl hos Major Soltu(?) means laborer in the employ of Major S.

6. (oagla) is probably a reading mistake for oägta (modern spelling=oäkta), which indicates that the daughter had a child out of wedlock.

2004-03-18, 14:07
Svar #4

Anders Andersson

A bit of trivia: Gustafs parish is named after Swedish king Gustaf III. My grandparents lived in Gustafs, and I used to spend my summers there in the 1960's and 1970's, so I know the surroundings fairly well.

Tuna may refer to Stora Tuna parish northwest of Gustafs, including what is today the city of Borlänge. However, Tuna is a pretty common placename, not only for parishes. I agree with Elisabeth that it probably refers to a parish here, but it ultimately depends on your source record and context.

2004-03-19, 04:47
Svar #5

Victoria Boutilier

Thanks so much for your oh-so-quick responses!  
Context: (From Husforhorslangd (Hedemora))
Enka Stina Carlsdotter b. 1770 Tuna
dotter Stina b. 4/17/1804, Nibbleasen.
dotter Anna Andersdotter 7/7/1805 Gustafs.
Again, thanks.

2004-03-19, 04:56
Svar #6

V. Boutilier

The bor i Gustafs hos NorstrÖm is attached to Anders Jansson( b. Naas {in Hedemora staden} as I understand it), husband of above Anna Andersdotter from Gustafs. And the note was written when he (Anders Jansson) was listed in Lang=gatan, Hedemora Staden. I don't know if that helps you help me or not!

2004-03-19, 06:59
Svar #7

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
    • www.etgenealogy.se
Nåås (Nås) is another village, just outside Hedemora, but Långgatan is just downtown (!) Hedemora. In those days Hedemora was a small town with about 10 streets, and Långgatan was one of them.

2004-03-19, 12:59
Svar #8

Anders Andersson

Nibbleåsen is a village in Hedemora, according to the web page mentioned by Elisabeth. In contrast to Nibbleåsen, Gustafs is a parish name. It's interesting that the two daughters Stina and Anna are thus born in different parishes only one year apart. Either the family moved from Hedemora to Gustafs (and then back to Hedemora again after Anna was born), or Anna is listed as being born in Gustafs for some other reason (such as her mother temporarily staying in Gustafs). A look-up of Anna's birth record (1805, in Gustafs C:3) may be helpful in telling where the family actually lived at that time.

I still believe that Tuna refers to Stora Tuna parish, but you may want to follow Stina Carlsdotter in subsequent records to find additional details. In particular, it would be useful to have a more precise birthdate than 1770, and that can possibly be obtained from her death notice (if not an exact birthdate, the age of the deceased is often given as number of years, months, and days). This would be useful because Stora Tuna is a rather big parish, and there may be more than one Stina Carlsdotter born in 1770.

The word enka (today änka) means widow. Do you have a birthplace for Stina Carlsdotter's husband too?

2004-03-24, 06:59
Svar #9

Victoria Boutilier

Hello again! I'm now waiting for some birth record microfilms from Gustafs etc. In the meantime I looked again at the Hedemora Husforhorslangds I have (1820-1839). There are some things I can't read and I was wondering if you could help me out.  
Some adopted surnames of Anders Jansson's brothers/their wives:
(some military) I'm not sure about:
Quicker (Not sure about the first letter)
LÖfaren or Losaren?
Elfstrom (not sure about the f)

AND: Christina Stina Carlsdotter's daughter Stina is described as her for giftermalet dotter and as (oagta) (on same entry of the Horsforhorslangd). There is also another note next to Stina:  
sfardig- ?ma ?int .  
The first letters of both words look like /  and there is a circle over the a.
And a note next to Christina Stina Carlsdotter :uppgifter till abyflittad hoar (haar?) fmi(??) ?liby Jo!

Thanks!!

2004-03-25, 08:34
Svar #10

Utloggad Bo Oscarson

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 154
  • Senast inloggad: Aldrig
    • Visa profil
Victoria,

In Gustaf Hf AI:11B page 31, Christina (Stina) Carlsdotter lives in Boberg, Gustafs, is written as Eric C's sister, moved in from Hedemora 1804 and back to Hedemora 1810. She is noted as born in Gustafs 1772-12-18. In the birthrecord (Fb C:2) she is written as Kjerstin, born 1772-12-17, bapt. at Enbacka Capell 12-20 'Carl Ersson i Björkled'.
Daughter Christina (Stina) born in Hedemora 1801 as 'oäkta',
Daughter Anna born in Boberg, Gustafs 'oäkta', birthrecord (Fb C:3) 1805-07-12, bapt. 07-15, 'pigan Stina Carlsd. i Boberg, (age) 33'.  

Her brother Eric Carlsson is born 1770-06-06, bapt. 06-10 ?, parents Carl Ersson and Malin Olofsdotter in Björkled, Gustafs (Fb C:2).

The mix of her name is possible as both a Kjerstin and a Christina might be shortened to Stina.  

The family in Björkled (Hf AI:8):
Carl Ersson born in Norrbärke, no age listed, married 1766 to:
Malin Olofsdotter 1731,
Stina 1758-06-26, 07-02 Björkled, (Fb C:2) Malin Olofsdotters previous marriage to Hans Andersson,
Margta 1768-01-05, 01-06, Björkled,
Eric 1779,
Christina 1772.

Rgds, Bo.

2004-03-25, 08:37
Svar #11

Utloggad Bo Oscarson

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 154
  • Senast inloggad: Aldrig
    • Visa profil
Victoria,

Eric is born 1770, sorry for my fingerfault,

Bo.

2004-03-28, 00:42
Svar #12

V. Boutilier

Thanks for the info, Bo! That will give me a head start on my research. Can anyone help me on the questions I asked in my 24-March Post, being, whether I am spelling those 3 military names right and the notes about Stina, daughter of Kjerstin/Christina/Stina Carlsdotter?

2004-03-28, 01:20
Svar #13

Anders Andersson

Apart from Elfström, which is a regular last name, it's hard to tell anything specific about the other words or word fragments you mentioned without seeing them in their original context. Were they all found on the same page, and if so, which page in what volume?

You mentioned losaren, which I doubt is a name at all. Anything ending with -aren is probably a word in definite form (-are being the indefinite form) indicating a title or profession. Since he was a soldier, maybe it reads löparen (the runner)? But again, I need to see the context to provide a more informed opinion. Since it's in Dalarna, I can look it up next time I visit the archive (or somebody else here will beat me to it).

2004-03-28, 01:32
Svar #14

Anders Andersson

By the way, quick is today spelled kvick and means what it sounds like in English. It may be a name, but it could also refer to löparen, suggesting that Elfström was a fast running courier.

2004-03-28, 04:16
Svar #15

Victoria Boutilier

Okay, let me make my questions clearer.
This is a family group on page 74 of the 1830-1839 Husforhorslangd Hedemora (Nåås, Hedemora). ALL of the sons listed are brothers of Anders Jansson, my 3rd great-grandfather (farmor mormor far). This is the first entry that has the sons taking non-patronymic surnames. Anders is not on this entry and he did not take a surname yet.  

1. Drang Jan Andersson 3/24/1778, Nåås
2. Hustru Brita Ersdotter 9/4/1778, Norberg, married 1802

3. Son Sanal???gt (crossed out),Drang Petter Hedström,       9/29/1814 Nåås
4. Son Soldat Lars Liten 9/12/1817 Nåås
5. Son Soldat Johan uicker, 3/8/1806 Nåås
6. Hustru Brita Stina Elfström 12/16/1801 Schedvi(c?), married 11/18/1830
7. Soldat Eric Lo?aren, 1807 Nåås (unknown letter looks like a long /  
8. Hustru Cajsa Ersdotter 12/11/1811, Norberg married 1832.

------------------------------------------------
The following information about Christina/Kjerstin/Stina Carlsdotter's children (She born 1772-12-17 Björkled, Gustafs) comes from page 95 of 1820-1829 Naås Wretbo, Hedemora:

1. Johan Ahlgren's Enka Christina Carlsdotter b 1780/1772 3/15 Tuna (My note: WRONG!!!!), fattig
2. Son Drang Johan Ahlgren 4.15.1811 Stensveden, Hedemora
3. för giftermalet dotter Stina (oågta) 1804-4-17 Nibbleåsen, Hedemora- ofardig Små ?int. Unknown letter looks like a long /
4. Dotter Anna Andersdotter 7/7/1805 Gustafs (My note: but according to Bo Oscarson, born illegitimate in Boberg, Gustafs- 7/12/1805, so it looks like I'll have to search for who Anders was!)(*My ancestor*)

In the leftmost column of that Husforhorslangd, this note: uppgifter till Aby-flyttad hoar fmi liby Jo!
------------------------------------------------
I do hope this is less and not more confusing.
Thank you for all your help.  The Swedish handwriting and language are still very new to me, but hopefully not for long!

2004-03-28, 04:20
Svar #16

V. Boutilier

OOPS. There should be a Q before uicker in JOHAN QUICKER.

2004-03-28, 18:45
Svar #17

Utloggad Arnold Mellgren

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1221
  • Senast inloggad: 2022-06-07, 13:25
    • Visa profil
    • www.arnoldmellgren.se
Löpare or Löparen/Löparn in definite form is a name of a soldier. One of my ancestors was named Löpare. He and also his son and grandson were named Löpare. They lived rather near Nåås Fjärding. The lived in the village Mälby in Wigges Fjärding. Maybe some connection with the soldier mentioned above?

2004-03-29, 23:07
Svar #18

Anders Andersson

I looked up Hedemora AI:20c p74, and the disputed name is Löfgren rather than Löparen. Eric Löfgren married Cajsa Ersdotter in 1834 (not 1832) and the couple moved to Grytnäs parish that same year. I traced Cajsa Ersdotter backwards a few moves before her marriage, and she can be found on pages 67, 68 and 75 in the same volume. It appears that she was born 4 Dec 1801 rather than 11 Dec 1811 (I often myself find 4 confusingly similar to 11 in small handwriting).

Johan Quicker (that does appear to be his name) married Brita Stina Elfström, who was born in Schedvi (that is Stora Skedvi parish). In 1831, the couple is listed as having moved to Nås. Since they were already living in Nåås village in Hedemora parish, I think this may indicate a move to Nås parish further west in the province of Dalarna.

The entry for Petter Hedström is confusing. He moved out to Norberg parish in 1831, but came back from Söderbärke parish in 1836, and I think he may have switched last name in the process. The partially crossed out name looks like Sandberg to me, but it should be cross-checked with subsequent clerical survey volumes.

There is no similar confusion about the name of Lars Liten, but he appears to have moved out and in at least twice during the 1830-1839 period, to Norberg in 1833 and to Söderbärke in 1837. His name reminds me of the classical children's song Lasse Liten. I wonder how old it is..?

Are Petter, Lars, Johan and Eric all confirmed brothers of Anders Jansson, that is by looking up their birth records? I ask because only the first three are listed as son on page 74, while Eric Löfgren is merely soldat (soldier). Also, Eric has no exact birthdate given, only the year 1807, and his birthplace is spelled Nås in contrast to Nåås for the others. Is there reason to investigate this further?

As for Hedemora AI:19c p95, I too have trouble reading the notes in the left margin, but I believe they refer to a move. In 1827, Christina Carlsdotter moves from Nåås Wretbo to farm number 29 in Nåås, on page 88 in the same volume. A similar note on page 88 reads bor hos sin måg (lives with her son-in-law). Farm #29 appears to be owned by C. M. Udd, listed on the same page, with a note kallas Åby ägare (named owner of Åby). I'm not entirely sure about the meaning, but perhaps the farm is called Åby? In any case, it partially explains the notes back on page 95: Uppgifter till Åby flyttad ... i Nås hos Udden (it's a bit too fragmented to translate, but it suggests that data about the people moving to Udd's farm Åby have been transferred).

On page 88, Anna Andersdotter marries Anders Jansson, so I guess you have seen this page already.

Additional translations:
ofärdig = disabled, ill
för(e) giftermålet = before marriage
oägta (oäkta) = illegitimate

I have no idea what små?int is supposed to mean.

2004-03-30, 07:12
Svar #19

Victoria Boutilier

Hi Anders,

1. I cannot believe I did not see the G in Löfgren. I feel silly!
2. YES-all of the men I mentioned, including Eric, were children of Jan Andersson & Brita Ericsdotter, their children were Anders, Johan, Eric, Stina, Petter & Lars, in that order. Earlier Husforhorslangds (1820's) show them all as sons/daughters of Jan, and show Jan's mother Stina Jansdotter. And, I am waiting for birth/baptism microfilms to arrive, so that I can double check all this.  
3. Could Schedvi maybe refer to Skedvi, Akerbo, Vastmanland, instead of Stora Skedvi? I don't know which parish is closer to Hedemora. I'll have to look it up on a map.  

Well, thanks! I'm indebted to you. Now I have to look at more records when they arrive and formulate more questions.

2004-03-30, 08:46
Svar #20

Vicki Boutilier

I answered my own question about Skedvi- I think- The one in Dalarna near Sater (Stora Skedvi) is much closer to Hedemora than the one in Vastmanland near Koping.

2004-03-31, 04:59
Svar #21

V. Boutilier

P.S.- thanks too to Arnold Mellgren!

2004-03-31, 11:17
Svar #22

Arnopld Mellgren

OK Vicki. I just wanted to help you but I think you got the wright answer from Anders.

2004-03-31, 18:01
Svar #23

Arnold Mellgrena

I think små?int = småsint which means petty or mean.

2004-04-01, 02:18
Svar #24

V. Boutilier

Could that word possibly have other connotations also? Because I don't understand how petty or mean would refer to a disability, It is always mentioned as ofardig- sma ?int on various Husforhorslangds. Shouldn't ofardig refer to something like blindness, a mental disorder, dysfunctional body part, etc.? Maybe an earlier Hedemora Husforhorslangd pre-1820 will explain Stina (the Stina born in Nibbleasen, Hedemora parish)'s problem more explicitly. I will be looking at those soon enough. Thanks for answering.

2004-04-01, 02:46
Svar #25

Anders Andersson

I don't have the handwriting in front of me now, but could it be svagsint? That would mean mentally ill.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna