ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Persarfvet ??  (läst 873 gånger)

2000-07-17, 21:16
läst 873 gånger

Cathy Hoff

I found a record online (but have yet to find the person that submitted it) that said Hans Danielson Svedell married Stina Cajsa Asberg 29 Apr 1839, Of Persarfvet, Sundborn, Sweden. Is this the name of the parish or farm she was from ? Any suggestions would be appriciated.

Cathy

2000-07-18, 14:52
Svar #1

Utloggad Jojje Lintrup

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1204
  • Senast inloggad: 2014-12-16, 14:51
    • Visa profil
Persarvet is almost certainly a village within the parish of Sundborn, near the city of Falun. It means Peter's Heritage. Sundborn is best known to be the home of the very famous artist Carl Larsson, who is very popular in Anglo Saxon countries.
To be certain to get an answer, please turn to Dalarötter (a sister site of this one only for the Province of Dalarna), where you may have a quicker answer to your inquiries.

2000-07-18, 19:42
Svar #2

Utloggad Agneta Rung

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 94
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-18, 16:39
    • Visa profil
Hi Cathy,

I couldn't keep myself from looking into the records of this marriage and some household records too. The library in Borlänge, where I live, keeps them filmed on micro fiche. (Borlänge is about 15-20 minutes from Sundborn and Falun.)  
You can tell that their marriage was just in time before their first daughter, Anna Christina, was born, the 23 May 1839!
Hans Danielsson Svedell was born 25 Apr 1823 in Svärdsjö, which is a parish right next to Sundborn. Stina Cajsa Åsberg was born in Persarvet 2 Oct 1819, daughter of Daniel Andersson Åsberg, born 11 Apr 1790 in Svärdsjö and Stina Sundberg, born 20(?) Apr 1794 in Falun.
Persarvet was, as Jojje says, a small village in Sundborn, but I can't find it on the map today (it might well exist though, I don't know). I don't fully agree on the translation of the name Persarvet. Arvet does mean heritage in swedish, but it's also an elderly word for field or meadow and I'd say that is a more correct translation for it in this context. There are quite a few villages ending with -arvet around Falun/Borlänge, for instance Bengtsarvet (Bengt is a mans name), Smedsarvet (smed = smith), Skuggarvet (skugga = shadow) and so on.

Best regards
Agneta Rung

2000-07-18, 22:44
Svar #3

Utloggad Jojje Lintrup

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1204
  • Senast inloggad: 2014-12-16, 14:51
    • Visa profil
Yes, Agneta, proposely an inherited meadow...;-)

2000-07-18, 22:54
Svar #4

Utloggad Agneta Rung

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Okay, why not...;-)

2000-07-22, 18:56
Svar #5

Cathy Hoff

Agenta and Jorge,

I can't thank you enough!! What great information. I had Hans born 29 Apr 1813, and I did not know Stina's parents names.  

Thank you, thank you!

Cathy

2000-07-22, 21:51
Svar #6

Utloggad Agneta Rung

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Cathy,

Your information on Hans' birth date is probably correct! Otherwise he would have been only 16 when they got married - not very likely!! I'll check his birth record when I get back to Borlänge.

Agneta

2000-07-22, 22:39
Svar #7

Cathy Hoff

Agenta,

Thank you in advance. Could you let me know what his parents names were. I would appriciate it very much.

I'm so excited about the new info I could bust !!

Cathy

2000-07-24, 16:39
Svar #8

Utloggad Agneta Rung

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Hi Cathy,

I looked into the books again and of course Hans was born in 1813! His parents names where Daniel Jansson and Anna Jansdotter. They lived in Svedsgården in the parish Svärdsjö, noted on the same page as his parents in the household records. So there we have Hans' grand parents as well, and his aunts and uncles, and his siblings!

It seems that Hans took the name Svedell when he moved to Sundborn parish. Svedell from Svedsgården - I think that was quite common in those days.

What's your relation to this family?

In stead of listing them all here I used a computer program (Min släkt) to structure the data and to make a HTML presentation of the family. I mailed it to you.

I suggest you pose questions about these people under the subject Landskap - Dalarna - Efterlysningar (=persons sought for) or Landskap - Dalarna - Socknar (= parishes) - Svärdsjö/Sundborn. Then it's more likely that it will be read and answered by someone doing research in that area.

Good luck!

Agneta

2000-07-25, 18:02
Svar #9

Cathy Hoff

Agneta,

Words cannot express how much I appriciate what you have done. My daughter thought I was crazy, sitting here in tears as I read your e-mail. I have learned so much about Sweden by doing this, especially how great the people are !!

Hans Danielsson Svedell is my GGG-grandfather on my mothers side.

I will check out the other sites too.

Thank you again,
Cathy

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna