ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Lycan, Gunnarskog, Varmland  (läst 658 gånger)

2003-02-22, 04:03
läst 658 gånger

Carol Sawyer

Ingeborg Laicon was born there in 1667, moved to America.  Where is this place?  I can only find Varmland.

2003-02-22, 11:07
Svar #1

Anna-Carin Betzén

Gunnarskog is a parish in Värmland. The Gunnarskog church is located 20 km from the Norwegian border, 15 km north of Arvika and about 40 km north-west of Karlstad.

If you're looking for additional information, I suggest you post a query to the discussion
Anbytarforum: Landskap (efterlysningar m.m.): Värmland: Socknar: Gunnarskog
which is read by persons with a special interest in Gunnarskog.

2003-02-23, 00:12
Svar #2

Lars Göran Larsson

Are you sure that it is Lycan and not Lyckan ?

Lyckan means one of two things

Happiness or  

an opening in the woods. Could be the name of a cottage with some fields in the forest.

Good luck with your quest.

Lars

2003-02-23, 12:21
Svar #3

Utloggad Linda Wickström

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 85
  • Senast inloggad: 2014-08-07, 17:51
    • Visa profil
Lyckan is a cottage in Gunnarskog. Don't have my geneaology research available at the moment, but my ancestor lived there in the end of the 19th century. I am also quite sure that it is marked on any economical map, for instance Gröna kartan over Gunnarskog.

2003-02-23, 13:32
Svar #4

Utloggad Olle Elm

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 11058
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-23, 11:36
    • Visa profil
    • www.orserum.info
Vänligen,
Olle Elm

2003-02-23, 18:07
Svar #5

Utloggad Kenneth Larsson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1512
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-17, 15:53
  • Kenneth Larsson
    • Visa profil
    • Ancestor
There's more than one estate called Lyckan in Gunnarskog, Olle Elm's suggestion is one of them...
Kenneth L. Lyckan Slobyn Mangskog

2003-02-24, 07:42
Svar #6

Utloggad Olle Elm

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 11058
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-23, 11:36
    • Visa profil
    • www.orserum.info
Yes! According to Svenska Ortnamn 1999 there are five (sic!) places with the name Lyckan in the same parish:
a) 11,0 km NNE Jössefors
b) 11,2 km ESE Charlottenberg
c) 16,4 km W Uddheden
d) 11,7 km E Charlottenberg
e) 14,1 km ENE Charlottenberg

If you go to http://www.eda.se/kommuninformation/fakta/karta/kartsok/kartsok.htm Kartsök (Mapquest)
and write Gunnarskog in the first field, then use the red point SÖK, then when you get Gunnarskog in the next field, use the red point VISA, you get a map with Gunnarskog in the . By using the zoom function -/+ , you can get closer, with the hand you can travel around.
Good Luck!
Olle Elm
PS. Thanks to Kenneth in Lyckan! DS.
Vänligen,
Olle Elm

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna