ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Lindesberg and Linde  (läst 566 gånger)

2003-07-06, 22:23
läst 566 gånger

Nancy Jaderen

In my searches I have come across birth places that are either Linde or Lindesberg,Örebro.Are these two places different or are the used interchangeably?
   Nancy

2003-07-06, 22:46
Svar #1

Jenny Sjöborg

Hello Nancy,
It?s the same place!  

Jenny

2003-07-07, 01:12
Svar #2

Anders Andersson

While the place is essentially the same, the different names may reflect the administrative distinction between Linde rural parish (Linde) and Linde city parish (Lindesberg); however, don't count on the names being used consistently. These parishes coexisted 1643-1966, and while they appear to have used the same church records, it may be good to know about the two parishes in case the records look confusing.

The place we are talking about here is located in the province of Västmanland (western part) and in Örebro county (northern part). It should thus not be confused with Linde parish in Gotland (county and province).

2003-07-07, 19:56
Svar #3

Nancy Jaderen

If Linde is the birthplace and I cannot find the name in Örebro would searching in Vastmanland give me any results?
   Nancy

2003-07-07, 20:59
Svar #4

Anders Andersson

No, Västmanland is the entire province where Linde/Lindesberg is located; there are no church records pertaining to Västmanland as such (or to Västmanland county, which covers the eastern part of Västmanland province as well as a small part of Uppland province, but Lindesberg is found in Örebro county, not Västmanland county).

If you tell us a little more about your problem, what the birth notice says and where (in what source) you found it, we may be able to give you further assistance. In particular, I'd like to know what year your information pertains to.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna