ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Kullen, Tveta parish, Hultsfreds Kommun, Kalmar Län  (läst 569 gånger)

2001-08-27, 11:42
läst 569 gånger

Stephanie

I am hoping someone knows about the history of this area.  I just returned from a visit to Sweden.  I never got their name, but a wonderful couple from the area helped us try to find a place called Tranebotorp, Tveta parish.  After a number of phone calls to people in the area, they came up with a place called Kullen which is right next to  Tranebo as a good possiblity for having once been Tranebotorp.

I there any way to determine if Kullen and Tranebotorp are one in the same?  From church records, Tranebotorp was still in existence in 1889.  Torpare Karl Johan Pettersson and family lived there until 1883.  His 2 dotters Emma Karolina and Sofia Lovisa Karlsdotter lived there until 1886. (Hand?) Karl Gust Leonard Eklund and family lived there after 1886.

We visited Kullen and it is a wonderful little place that has the present owner has been restoring.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stephanie

2001-08-27, 17:44
Svar #1

Utloggad Sam Blixt

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 6336
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-04-23, 20:37
    • Visa profil
    • samblixt.se
Hi Stephanie,

Kullen is a farm about 380 yards ENE (EastNorthEast) from Tranebo, which is a village
situated 4,4 miles WSW from Mörlunda, but in Tveta parish.
The distance is as the crow flies.

Regards

Sam Blixt, Oskarshamn

2001-08-27, 21:36
Svar #2

Utloggad Sam Blixt

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 6336
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-04-23, 20:37
    • Visa profil
    • samblixt.se
Hi again Stephanie,

Bertil Emstrand, Mörlunda, told me that Kullen is the same as Tranebotorp, sometimes written Tranebo torp.

Regards/Sam Blixt/Oskarshamn

2001-08-27, 22:14
Svar #3

Stephanie

Hej Sam!

TACK SÅ MYCKET!!!  I was hoping this was the right place.  

Please thank Bertil Emstrand for me, and if he happens to know the couple who helped us, who live in Odensås, could he give them our deepest gratitude and a huge tack så mycket from us.  We are the 3 people who drove up to their house and asked if they ever heard of Tranebotorp.

We also stayed one night in Oskarshamn, and we thought it was a lovely place.

Tack så mycket for your help.

Best regards,
Stephanie Johnson

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna