ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Hällefors parish - Notations  (läst 929 gånger)

2010-10-06, 02:46
läst 929 gånger

Utloggad Dianne Catalano

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 25
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-12-14, 02:51
    • Visa profil
In a Hällefors församling record that I was researching in DISBYT, I found the following related to the parish:  
          1644  Separated from Grythyttan
          1675  Annexe Assembly
Can anyone tell me what the ”Annexe Assembly” refers to? Thanks for any help you can give me.  
Dianne Catalano

2010-10-06, 19:00
Svar #1

Utloggad Judy Olson Baouab

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1355
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-14, 18:26
    • Visa profil
I guess that annexe assembly is an attempt to translate annexförsamling (annex parish). Read this definition from the SweGGate website.

http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~swewgw/
annexförsamling     A     Smaller parish that administratively belongs to another parish. The main parish is then named moderförsamling, often abridged moder....If a församling  is subdivided (common in cities) the central one is called moderförsamling  (mother parish) and the others annexförsamling  (annex parishes).

Judy

2010-10-06, 21:35
Svar #2

Utloggad Dianne Catalano

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Thanks Judy . I Will check out the rootsweb site . Dianne

2010-10-07, 14:42
Svar #3

Utloggad Ingela Martenius

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1489
  • Senast inloggad: 2013-10-25, 18:20
    • Visa profil
The mother parish had a fully qualified vicar (kyrkoherde) while the annex parish was run by a curate (komminister).

In some places the annex parish did not, e.g., issue migration certificates; this was done by the mother parish. An ancestor of mine lived in the (annex) parish of Lerum (Älvsborg county) and his certificate was issued by the mother parish, Stora Lundby.

Usually no migration certificates at all were issued for people moving between the mother parish and the annex parish (or vice versa) since they were regarded as a single administrative unit. This unit consisting of several parishes was called a pastorat, and the vicar was often called a pastor.

In quite a few cases the smaller annex parish is today bigger than the original mother parish. This is the case of e.g. Lerum - Stora Lundby and Kinna - Örby.

Ingela

2010-10-15, 17:06
Svar #4

Utloggad Dianne Catalano

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
I was away for a few days, and just saw this mesage, Ingela. Thanks very much for the additional information!

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna