ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Fredsberg in Skaraborg, help needed  (läst 705 gånger)

2006-06-12, 16:07
läst 705 gånger

Randall Spradlin

I am trying to locate the family of Gustaf Johansson from Fredsberg, Skaraboro. I am unsure if Fredsberg was a parish, a town or a farm.
I now own Gustaf's 1916 M96 Swedish Military rifle and want to ask the family some questions about the rifle. His name is engraved in a silver stock disk placed in the stock but that is all the information I have. Any imformation to help in my quest would be appreciated. Perhaps some ex-military personnel could help with information. The focus of my quest is a missing bolt for this rifle. This 1916 M96 is completely original and un-modified or upgraded since 1916 with an elm stock. This makes this rifle very rare and a significant part of Sweish history. It is like a time capsual from 1916 CG factory with V sights and non threaded muzzle. Any ideas at all, please voice your opinion. I realize I'm searching for a needle in a hay stack but this rifle deserves to be joined with its original bolt if it is possible. Thanks you, Randall Spradlin in Virginia, USA

2006-06-12, 16:22
Svar #1

Bo Nordenfors (Nob)

Fredsberg is a parish,Skaraborg county, Västergötland province. If you have the DOB of Gustaf Johansson it will make it much more easy to find him.

2006-06-12, 20:22
Svar #2

Utloggad Sören Andersson

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 113
  • Senast inloggad: 2014-11-04, 20:34
    • Visa profil
The m96 was very much in use in shooting societies and I think that if Gustaf Johansson engraved his name on the rifle it was a rifle he used in non military shooting competitions. He may have been a member of the local society an you find their website at http://medlem.spray.se/skytte/

2006-06-13, 09:45
Svar #3

Utloggad Don Tuthill

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 381
  • Senast inloggad: 2013-09-24, 19:18
    • Visa profil
Hi Randall,

I checked the 1900 census records for a Gustaf Johansson living in Fredsberg parish, Skaraborgs län/county. I found eight Gustaf Johanssons living there at that time but there was only one born 1860 that might be the one you are looking for. I've made a screen print of that record on  the subsrciption site SVAR (Swedish National Archives).
Here is that record:

OBS! Remember this is only a long shot!

Have a nice day!

Don

2006-06-13, 17:05
Svar #4

Randall

Thank you all who have responded to my post here. You have taken me a few more steps in my search.

I recieved a email response yesterday from the Swedish Consulate General informing me that they did not assist in finding people in Sweden but suggested I look for Gustaf in the white pages under Fredsberg or Toreboda. I searched both and found several Gustaf Johansson listings. I found only one listing in Toreboda. Is Toreboda a town near Fredsberg parish?

Also, is there a way to find email address in sweden based on a mailing address? I could mail out several letters but it would be much faster to send a few emails.  

Thank you all............Randall in Virginia

2006-06-13, 19:24
Svar #5

Utloggad Sören Andersson

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 113
  • Senast inloggad: 2014-11-04, 20:34
    • Visa profil
Töreboda is nowadays the postal address for most of the Fredsberg parish. Fredsberg is a rural area Northwest of Töreboda

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna