ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Enspord, Where is it located?  (läst 369 gånger)

2000-09-13, 16:16
läst 369 gånger

Jim Menke

P. Ole Johnson Was bord in Enspord Sweden in 1847 and came to America in 1877. Where is Enspord located? Thank you.

2000-09-13, 17:54
Svar #1

Anders Andersson

I have never seen or heard of a place with a name similar to Enspord. I guess we have to apply a little imaginative reverse phonetics here (assuming that the name was spoken to somebody who didn't know the spelling). You can help by telling us what you know about the source of this information. Did you hear it from a relative, or did you read it from a written document? What kind of document?

Applying some reasonable regular expressions to a list of Swedish parish names, here are a few alternatives that may be considered: Anderstorp, Delsbo, Edsbro, Ekeskog, Enslöv, Enåsa, Eringsboda, Eskilstorp, Fellingsbro, Hedeskoga, Näsby, Resmo, Smedstorp, Svenstorp, Torestorp, Vänersborg, Väsby, Äspö, Öggestorp, Örebro...

Hmm, does the Emigrant CD reach back to 1877? If so, then it may be easier to identify him from his name than from his birthplace. Do you know what P in his first name means? However, I don't have access to that CD.

2000-09-13, 21:09
Svar #2

Utloggad Tord Påhlman

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 2085
  • Senast inloggad: 2017-11-13, 21:51
    • Visa profil
As you already misplaced some Norwegian places in another discussion, I beleive this place could be in Norway too. The first name Ole is Norwegian, not Swedish. In Sweden it would have been Olle or Olof or Olov. The original Norwegian family name could have been Johnsen, in Sweden it would have been Jonsson.

2000-09-13, 22:26
Svar #3

mats sundström

.Jim.M.
Maybe you heard (or read) the following text line:
..and he was born in Spord(a), Sweden......
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
SPORDA is a very small village, not far from Gisla-
ved in Småland....(South Sweden)
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
mats .s.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna