ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Bredevik, Kalmart? Svensjon & Johnsdotter  (läst 960 gånger)

2003-06-01, 12:18
läst 960 gånger

Michael Shoemaker

I have the following lines:

Kalle (/Karl) Hans Svensjon (/Swenson)  
b. 22 July 1824 Sweden  
m. (33) Gertrude Johnsdotter AFT 8 May 1861

Gertrude Johnsdotter b. 29 June 1825

Children:
i. Johan Karlsson b. 18 Oct. 1851 Bredevik, Kalmart
ii. Per August Karlsson b. 3 Aug. 1854 Bredevik, Kalmart
iii. G. Sline Roijsa Karlsson b. 31 July 1856 Bredevik, Karmart
iv. Emma Charlotta Karlsson b. 21 Mar. 1858 Bredevik, Kalmart
v. Jonas Gustav Karlsson b. 24 Mar. 1860 Bredevik, Kalmart
vi. Anna Sofia Karlsson b. 26 July 1862 Bredevik, Kalmart
vii. Franz Idrick Karlsson, Statkärr  
--b. 28 Sep. 1864 Blekinge, Kalmart  
--d. 20 Feb. 1945 Bjorkelyche i. Kristianopal, Blekinge
viii. Bengt Karlsson b. 12 July 1867 Bredevik, Kalmart

I cannot find Bredevik, Kalmar.  The closest I have come is Bredvik, Skaraborg.  Is there one in Kalmar? and can anyone help me with this line?

2003-06-01, 12:58
Svar #1

Utloggad Ulrika Påhlsson

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 560
  • Senast inloggad: 2008-01-14, 00:07
    • Visa profil
Michael Shoemaker,

there is a Bredevik in Kristianopel parish, Blekinge.
In the Census 1890 there is a Sven Johan Karlsson b. 1851 living at n:o 7 Bredevik, Kristianopel with his family, and a Frans Idrik Karlsson b. 1864 also living at N:o 7 Bredevik with his family.

2003-06-01, 13:52
Svar #2

Michael Shoemaker

That makes sense, Ulrika.  Why do you suppose my records show Bredevik, Kalmart?  (I believe this was from a family Bible).  Kristianopel is very close to Kalmar Län.  Could the boundary between Kalmar and Blekinge have changed?

Thank you for the help.

2003-06-01, 18:47
Svar #3

Utloggad Christina Backman

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 833
  • Senast inloggad: 2017-04-22, 18:01
    • Visa profil
Michael, shouldn?t iii read Stina Caijsa?  
Kalmart  
should probably read Kalmar l as in län=  
county.

2003-06-02, 06:51
Svar #4

Michael Shoemaker

I sent you an e-mail.  Perhaps you are right about Stina Caijsa -- I have no way to confirm this.

2003-06-08, 04:00
Svar #5

Anders Andersson

According to the Rosenberg gazetteer (1883), there is a village Bredavik at the coast of the Baltic Sea, in Kristianopel parish.

Rosenberg gives the county as Blekinge, not only for Bredavik, but for all of Kristianopel parish.

Although county boundaries occasionally change, I doubt this one have. It follows the Brömsebäck stream, which until 1658 formed the national border between Sweden and Denmark (to which Blekinge belonged). Neither my 1880's map nor any modern map I have examined shows any deviation, but I haven't checked with any large-scale map of the area, nor do I know where in Kristianopel parish Bredavik is located.

2003-06-08, 14:42
Svar #6

Michael Shoemaker

Thanks, Anders.

I think the geography was concocted west of the Atlantic -- some ancestor from Blekinge figured nobody knew where that was, so they put down Kalmar as a nearby city.  That whole family is from Blekinge, so I'm sure the village you found is the correct one.

Does anyone know anything about this family?

2003-06-10, 02:51
Svar #7

Anders Andersson

I have learned that Bredavik is located about 7 km north of Kristianopel, thus placing it quite near the combined parish/county/province border, so the appearant error with respect to the county is not necessarily of foreign origin.  It could very well be that they had regular contact with friends in neighbouring Söderåkra parish in Kalmar county, for trade or something. County borders were hardly that important to them; the county is simply an administrative division of the state.

Since the parish is known, I suggest placing further questions about the individuals you seek in the Landskap: Blekinge: Socknar: Kristianopel discussion, where more people familiar with this parish will read them.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna