ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Brastorp or Brastorpor - What parish and lan  (läst 695 gånger)

2005-02-06, 22:09
läst 695 gånger

Joyce Philpot

I have a birth record GID 295.14.1800 for Petter - son of Jons Larsson. If I can find the correct parish, I may be able to get some clues about the parents. I would appreciate any help.

2005-02-07, 00:42
Svar #1

Utloggad Ingegerd Johansson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1336
  • Senast inloggad: 2016-08-21, 22:21
    • Visa profil
Joyce, the parish is Älekulla in the county of Älvsborg. The year is 1797, the month is April. Unfortunately I could not read the date. But this is at least something to start with.

Good luck!

Ingegerd

2005-02-07, 09:23
Svar #2

Utloggad Ingegerd Johansson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1336
  • Senast inloggad: 2016-08-21, 22:21
    • Visa profil
Joyce, sorry but it seems that I have given you the wrong year of birth. I went back to the GID-number and found that the boy, who was born 1797, had got the name Anders, not Petter.  

I?ll try again later (short of time now).

Ingegerd

2005-02-07, 12:34
Svar #3

Lotta Nordin (Lotta)

Hi Joyce!

The GID number points to birth records from Hagebyhöga parish in Östergötlands län. Jöns Larsson is a crofter at Brustorp, a farm in Hagebyhöga.
Petter is born August 12 and baptized August 13 1797.

regards
Lotta

2005-02-08, 01:48
Svar #4

Joyce Philpot

Lotta:
Thank you. I did have Peter's correct birth and I know I had seen the farm name in other records. I just couldn't recall where. I wasn't sure of the farm name. The records are sometimes very difficult to read if you are not familiar with the language. I hope to be able to trace Peter's parents.
Regards,  
Joyce

2005-02-08, 01:51
Svar #5

Joyce Philpot

Ingegerd:
Thanks also to you. I think I am on the right track now.
Joyce

2005-02-08, 05:42
Svar #6

Joyce Philpot

Lotta:
I would appreciate your help again. I found a record - 295.2.83400. Father is Jon and what looks like Person. Mother is Cajsa Abrahamsdotter and son Petter was born August 12, 1797 in Hagebyhoga. I interpreted the name on Petter's original birth record as Jons Larsson. Now I am not so sure. Do you think this might be the same family?
Regards,
Joyce

2005-02-08, 12:14
Svar #7

Lotta Nordin (Lotta)

Hi Joyce!

It's the right family you have found. I checked the birth record once again and it says Persson. If you compare the P in Persson with P in other names on the same side, for example Lisa's father Magnus Persson, you'll see that it is the same letter. You can also see how L is written in the note below Petter, L in Maja Lena and her mother's name Lena.  

regards,
Lotta

2005-02-08, 21:06
Svar #8

Joyce Philpot

Lotta:
Thank you so much. You have made my day. I really appreciate all your help. It has been enormous fun for me to be able to see these church records.
Regards,
Joyce

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna