ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Borgvik, Varmland, Sweden  (läst 1261 gånger)

2000-10-01, 23:57
läst 1261 gånger

susan

My ancestors have come from Borgvik.  I just recently had a cousin that went over and found Borgvik and a very beautiful church and cemetary there that was built in the early 1700's by Erik Borgstrom (Borgstrom/Anderson are the names I'm working on). Could anyone give me more information about this church and tell me where I might find the names of the people buried in the cemetary. Thanks for your help.

2000-10-02, 01:41
Svar #1

Chris Troy

Susan, You will find the Gravestone inventory for Borgvik on this URL:

http://www.genealogi.se/gravsten/grav-s.htm

It's only in Swedish but don't let that worry you.  The first word in each entry is the name of the cemetery.  Scroll down the list until you see the word Borgvik, followed by the surname, christian name, etc.  There is an entry for:

Borgvik, Borgström, Erik, Brukspatron, Odat., Cattarina, Using, Fam.

Odat. means undated (unfortunately).  Cattarina would be his wife.

There are also several Anderssons.  Good luck with your search.

Chris Troy

2000-10-02, 10:27
Svar #2

Utloggad Carl-Johan Ivarsson

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 807
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-23, 18:39
    • Visa profil
Hello Susan!
It would help if you could give us some more details about your ancestors from Borgvik, like their names, dates and so on.
The church in Borgvik was built in 1716-1720 by the Borgström family. The Borgström's were at the time the owners of the ironworks of Borgvik, and they wanted to start a parish and build their own church. Borgvik used to be a part of Grums parish.
The church has really interesting paintings inside, with heaven and hell in the ceiling. It was painted by Michael Carowsky from Gothenburg in 1745.
It might be difficult to find exactly the spot were your ancestors might be buried. The grave plate for Borgström and Using that Chris mentioned is on the church wall. Borgström and Using was actually buried inside the church from the beginning but the coffins were moved to the cemetery about 150 years ago and nobody knows exactly where they were buried.
But you could probably find ancestors in the death rolls.
Good luck in your search!

2000-10-04, 07:41
Svar #3

susan

Thanks so much for the information that you have given me. The info that I have is as follows:

Anders Larson, DOB 1816, Brunskog married Anna Anderson, DOB 12-11-1817 in Brunskog, unknown death date or where, except that it was in Sweden had the following children: August Anderson Aug 6, 1845, Anders Anderson Dec 11, 1841, Britta Andersdotter Dec 1, 1843.

August married Johanna Olsdotter DOB July 20, 1850, on June 8, 1872. They had the following : Anders April 29, 1873, Boda, Karl October 21, 1875 Borgvik, Johan August Sep 19, 1877.

August married again to Charlotta Andersdotter and they had 9 children.

Johan came to US Oct 1897. He married Jessie Miller, DOB Jan 25, 1883 and they had 5 girls. After Jessie's death John (Johan) married Ida.

The rest of the descendants of John and Jessie are here in the states.

Thanks again for your help and if anyone can fill in gaps for this group I would love to hear about it.    Susan

2005-11-26, 16:52
Svar #4

Anders Borgström

Hello Susan,
You might already got the all information you are looking for, names of people buried in the cemetry at the Borgstrom church in Borgvik. But if you are interested in the Borgström genealogical table starting from 1650 (with the original Dutch name Asmunds, later changed to Borgström named after Borgvik) I will be able to send you a complete table.

Best wishes, Anders Borgström

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna