ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Winberg, Lars  (läst 600 gånger)

2003-09-01, 22:57
läst 600 gånger

chris

Hej,
  I'm looking for the ancestors of Lars Winberg of Berg, Jämtland,Sweden.

He was born in 1752.  According to the husförhörslängd he died in 1795, apparently in Bergs Byn as his family is listed there before and after his death.  

On 12 Nov 1780 he married Elin Gioransdotter and they had at least three children:
Jon b. 1781
Göran b. 28 Nov 1783
Brita b. 1786

There is a word or two scribbled between the lines after his name but I can't make it out.  If I had to guess, I would say it's if junne but the 'f' might be an 's' and the 'j' might be something else.

I have looked through the earlier books several times to try to find him as a child but can find no Lars in Berg born between 1747 and 1756.

I assume the Winberg is a place name, but have not had any luck locating a Winberg, Sweden.  Is anyone familiar with such a place?

Chris

2003-09-02, 00:43
Svar #1

Erik Holmlund

Hej Chris
If could possibly be an abbreviation of the word ifrån, meaning from. If that's the case the next word ought to be a place name. Junne doesn't make any sense to me. However Sunne is the name of a parish in the county of Värmland. The conclusion would be that he moved from the parish of Sunne to the parish of Berg. That's my guess, just based on what you wrote. I haven't looked in the husförhörslängd.
Regards
Erik, Skellefteå

2003-09-02, 17:41
Svar #2

Utloggad Jörgen Tollesson

• Arkivguiden (www.arkivguiden.net)
  • Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 6925
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-25, 19:59
  • Bild: Båhusläns flagga
    • Visa profil
    • Arkivguiden med Arkivguidens Forum, Båhus Arkivguide och Göteborgs Arkivguide
There is a Sunne parish in Jämtland as well.
Kontakt: http://www.arkivguiden.net/jts.shtml. | Ser gamla inlägg (före april 2016) underliga ut? Argumenterar jag mot mig själv? Saknas något i inläggen? Finns där något som inte borde vara där? Läs då om orsaken här: http://forum.arkivguiden.net/agf/disk/42626/62869.shtml#post16472.

2003-09-02, 19:50
Svar #3

Utloggad Karl Göran Eriksson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 2705
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-20, 05:54
    • Visa profil
Lars Winberg and his family are listed at Bergsviken (Bergs Wiken), not Bergsbyn (see Berg AI:3 p. 117). The household examination role states that he was ifr. Sunne, i.e. from Sunne. In those days such a note generally included all the parishes the pastorat of Sunne then consisted of. They were, beside Sunne, Frösö, Hallen, Marby and Norderö.
Lars was any way born 5/29/1752 at Rasten, parish of Frösö, by Jon Ersson and Dordi Jonsdotter.

There is no place Winberg in Jämtland. Lars inherited his soldier name from his predecessor. The end syllable -berg Lars also wore together with every private soldier in his company.

2003-09-03, 19:47
Svar #4

chris

Tack.
  Is that the general case for names that end in -berg?  
  I also have a Jons Forstenberg of Bergsbyn born 1749 (page 107) but have not found his parents yet either.
  And a Mathias Edelberg of Bergsbyn born 26 Dec 1789 (page 55 of next book).

My emigrant ancestor's father took his soldier name from the town he lived in (Hallen became Halling) so I thought these might be similar.  Does the -berg imply Berg parish?  If so, where did the first parts come from?

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna