ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Varnum parish--Carl Berglind  (läst 478 gånger)

2004-03-28, 04:57
läst 478 gånger

Joy Burglind Hackl

Hi,
I have been hitting alot of brick walls in trying to find my great grandfather, Carl Berglind, who was born in 1839 or 1840 in Varnum parish in either Varmland or Alvsborg lan.  I have not been able to find him.  He died in Chicago in Aug. 1892 and his death certificate said that he was 52 years and 5 months of age and born in Varnum.
Can anyone help?

2004-04-03, 19:07
Svar #1

Utloggad Judy Olson Baouab

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1355
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-14, 18:26
    • Visa profil
Hi Joy,

Maybe?

I found this information on the Emihamn database of CD Emigranten (the Emigrant CD). Warnum is an old spelling of Varnum.

First name: C J
Last name: BERGLIND
Parish: WARNUM (where he was living when he decided to emigrate)    County: P (Älvsborg)
Port: GÖTEBORG
Date: 1882 04 07 (date of registering with the police to leave Sweden)
Destination: BOSTON
Fellows: JA (Ja = yes. Someone else also traveled on this ticket.)
Source: 19:401:15077

He traveled with this boy.

First name: CARL
Head: BERGLIND C J
Parish: WARNUM     County: R
Title/Note: M C J BERGLI (med C J Bergli = with C J Berglind)
Port: GÖTEBORG
Date: 1882 04 07
Destination: BOSTON
Fellows: JA
Source: 19:401:15077

There is no need to hit any brick walls. Order the parish birth records for Varnum. It will be easier if you can find his birthdate in his death certificate, since there is no guarantee that his father was also a Berglind and since children aren't named by last name on birth parish records.

Read about the Swedish parish records on the SweGGate website. Those records are VERY informative and you are far ahead of most of us when we began to research. I, for example, only knew that I had three Swedish grandparents and one Danish grandparent and now I've found them back to the late 1600s or early 1700s in Sweden. If I can do it, you have an even greater chance of doing the same thing since you already have a specific birthplace.

http://www.sweggate.com

Follow this pathway.

Themes --> Church Records

Good luck!

Judy

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna