ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Translation help for Gumme Håkonson death note.  (läst 670 gånger)

2005-09-17, 18:46
läst 670 gånger

James Higgins

I need some help translating a Krykoböker death listing in Älghult socken, Kronoberg län.

There is a half page note in the Födde Vigda Döde Krykoböker 1679-1708 for Gumme Håkonson  f.1679 d. 8-3-1872. Unfortunately I do not have a subscription to Genline so I can't list it here. I'm not sure why this listing is so long and I'm curious to know what it says. I have been having a very difficult time collecting information from these books as there is a great degree of quality and script variation. My svenska skills are limited and I would most appreciate any aid in translating this.

Tack så Mycket för Hjälp
Jim

2005-09-17, 19:02
Svar #1

James Higgins

Addendum
Födde Vigda Döde Krykoböker 1679-1708 for Gumme Håkonson f.1679 d. 8-3-1872.

Should be:  
Födde Vigda Döde Krykoböker 1679-(1760) for Gumme Håkonson f.(1697) d. 8-3-(1752).

Sorry about that!

2005-09-18, 20:07
Svar #2

Utloggad Ann-Britt Ahlström

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 638
  • Senast inloggad: 2012-03-10, 15:49
    • Visa profil
Jim, here is a copy from Genline and below I have tried to write what it says in Swedish. But there are some words I can't read. I hope someone else can read it and fill in the words I can't read and maybe translate it to English.  

Man. Gumme Håkansson i Hönaskruv Norragård, var d. 2 Aug. vid Elghults kyrka, gick där omkring intill aftonen, och då han . kom sent till Hönaskruv, tände han utan tvivel upp någon sticka stugan, där han ensam var, sedan alla hade lagt sig till söms; men stickan blev lämnad osläckt på något ställe, att eld lämnades utur tobakspipa; och hastigt . och utbredde sig, och så häftigt tände hela huset att stugan där han sig klädd nederlagt, att han icke viste af, förrän lågan kringvävde honom, och han med största möda krypande genom öppnad dörr utdragen utur elden, sedan all hud på kroppen var afskalad genom stora fläckar, och lemmarna förbrända. Härpå han om måndagen, som var d. 3 Aug., blev av herrans . besökt, af guds ord . och med den hel. Nattvarden bespisad, och samma dag, vid solens nedgång, afsomnade efter nästan ett dygns utstånden pina. 55 år gammal.

2005-09-18, 21:56
Svar #3

Utloggad Anna-Carin Betzén

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1112
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-10-28, 20:07
    • Visa profil
    • www.btz.se
Here's a translation of Ann-Britt's text. A very sad account. (Please note that the text is a bit erratic and this shows through in the translation.)

[The] Man Gumme Håkansson [living] in Hönaskruv Norragård, was on August 2 at Elghult church, stayed in that area until the evening, and when he ... came [home] to Hönaskruv late, he probably lit a splinter in the room, where he was alone, when everyone else hade gone to sleep; but the splinter was left unextinguished somewhere, that fire was left from a tobacco pipe, and quickly ... and spread, and so violently lit the entire house that the room where he was lying dressd, that before he knew it, the flame surrounded him, and he laboriously crept through an open door pulled out from the fire, all skin on his body was peeled of in big patches, and the limbs burnt. Then on the Monday, which was August 3, was visited by the Lord's ... [servant?], by the Lord's Word... and given the Holy Communion, and the same day, at dusk, he passed away after nearly 24 hours of suffering. 55 years old.

2005-09-18, 22:18
Svar #4

Utloggad Ann Little

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1252
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-02-23, 20:10
    • Visa profil
I'll give Ann-Britt a hand with the translation into English.

Man. Gumme Håkansson at Hönaskruv Norragård, was on the 2nd of August by Elghult's Church, (where) he walked about until evening, and as he...arrived late at Hönaskruv, he, without doubt lit some sort of splinter in the house/cottage, where he was alone as everybody had gone to their sleep; but the splinter was left unextinguised somewhere, and the tobacco  
pipe was (still)smouldering, and quickly...and spred and  
set fire to the house so rapidly where he, still dressed had gone to bed, that he knew nothing of it until he was surrounded by flames, and he, with utmost difficulty crawled through the open door (was) pulled from the fire*, after all the skin on his body had peeled off in patches, and his limbs burned. After this, on the Monday, which was the 3rd of August he was by the Lord's...visited, of God's word...and given the Holy Communion, and the same day, at sunset, fell asleep after enduring pain for almost a day and a night. 55 years old.

* This doesn't quite make sence. Either he crawled out trough the door by himself or he was pulled out of by somebody else.

Ann Little

2005-09-19, 15:59
Svar #5

James Higgins

Tack alla för hjälp,

This is very interesting, not exactly what I thought it was going to be!

Jim

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna