ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Sinking of the """"Drott""""  (läst 360 gånger)

2004-07-10, 19:12
läst 360 gånger

Mary E. Leveille

Does anyone know anything about the sinking of the schooner Drott It sunk off the coast of Öland on a journey from England, sometime around 1890. My grandfather was among the crew and they were all rescued, but I don't know anything else about the incident. Thank you for any help on this.

2004-07-11, 15:03
Svar #1

Utloggad Kristina Estrin

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 222
  • Senast inloggad: 2008-02-19, 22:54
    • Visa profil
    • estrin.se
http://www.dkk.se/arkeologi/vrakindex/Drott.pdf (found on a divingwebpage)
A poor translation of mine of the text (sorry oabout the horrible english):
 position: 56 °35,xxxx N; 16 °21,xxxx O
Depth: 15m  
Lenght: 12m  Tonnage: 12,15 nrt
Cargo: 100 barrols of herring, 50 cases of conserves & 6 cases of fish  
Bult year: 1908 (The sinkingdate/time: 20 mars 1928/10:20
Buildingmtrl: Oak Boattype: Motoryacht
Nationality: SE/Klädesholmen Saved/dead: ?/0
Reasen of sinking/background: The motoryacht was by the time of the sinking on the way from homeport (Klädesholmen) to Stockholm. The weather was clare with insignifacant waves and a weak southeast wind.
Due to bad ising conditions they seeked temperary shelter in Kalmar. When conditions asumed better they left right behind the larger motorboat Midnattssol (Midnightsun) to try to avoid ice. Arround  8they discovered that the yacht was taking in water whereon they tryed to find the leek but without result.
Meantime they had sat course for land and they soon got got towinghelp by the cargosteamer  
Kalmar. At 10:20 the towingcable broke of and the ship went down in about 15 meters depth.
Other: The ship was built on (klink=???). The crew did not have time to get any of there belongings becuase she went down so fast after the cable broke.

Hope it helped some and that you can interpet my bad english. =)
Best regards, Kristina

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna