ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Relations, Common Ancestors?  (läst 325 gånger)

2000-10-08, 12:41
läst 325 gånger

C Peterson

In Sweden, is it understood that if you have a common ancestor, you are related even though as the number of generations back becomes greater the relationahip obviously becomes more distant?
I would appreciate some discussion about this matter. Thank you in advance for your participation in the discussion.  
Best regards, Clyde

2000-10-15, 08:06
Svar #1

Björn-Åke Petersson

Clyde

When we do genealogy in Sweden most people do both father and mother side. 90 % of the sweds have common ancestors where thier family namn change from father to son, Among the 10 % there are some family namn going sometimes back 350 years but most of this namnes begin with someone who get out of the farmer class, even many nobility family have
background in the farmer class but during warperiod 1618-1718 many was serving the swedish king and got nobility names.

Björn-Åke

2000-10-15, 10:42
Svar #2

Eva Cumner

Hi Clyde,

I?ve seen some info here in the Swedish parts of the Anbytarforum, that after about five generations the genes are so thinned out, that you can not really be considered a relative anymore. I?d say though that as a genealogist you feel delighted if you find that you have common ancestry with for instance your best friend, which happened to me when I was in collage back home in Visby, Gotland, Sweden. Also, when it in some families comes to inheriting the farm from your father, you would obviously be proud to be the tenth generation to work that particular peace of land!

Best regards   Eva Cumner

2000-10-16, 12:39
Svar #3

Utloggad Ulla Kristoffersen

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 279
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-01-21, 15:57
    • Visa profil
If it would be so, that after 5 generations, you could  not consider yourself relatives any more - what would then be the point of doing genealogy research more than five generations back. On the contrary I am very proud if I can find a cousin 10 times removed and consider him very much a relative, if not close family. Even if we have only one drop of blood in common, I still consider us blood related.
Best regards
Ulla

2000-10-17, 14:01
Svar #4

C Peterson

More discussion. What is the church's or civil position on marriage of 'relatives'? How far back would it be OK to marry an individual with whom a person has a common ancestor? How was it in the 1600's, 1700's, 1800's, or 1900's?  
Clyde

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna