ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Pettersson in Lund/Peterson in Jersey City, NJ  (läst 269 gånger)

2002-01-23, 01:43
läst 269 gånger

Steve Lemken

Hello: My message is two fold.
[Part 1] I am going to Lund in early April 2002 to follow up on another cousin's visit which provided the following information:  
Names of my great-great grandparents: Anders Wilhelm (Vilhelm) Pettersson, b. outside of Lund 13 Mar 1827 and Anna Maria Callmer, b. May 3, 1825. He was a carpenter, living in Block #333 of Lund when first children were born: Helena, b. July 25, 1850 [who in 1872 moved to another part of Sweden] and Anna Marie, b. Sept 25 1853 and died in 1946 [my great aunt Katherine Peterson Nilsson was executrix for USA portion of her will]. The census then showed he became an apprentice to be a barrel maker. Third child was Anders Vilhelm b. Oct. 29, 1857 [My great grandfather. He left Lund to go to a town in the center of Sweden in 1878 - then came back and went to America August 6, 1881 with his brother Lars (named below). His American name was William A. Peterson. He was a carpenter/house builder in Jersey City, New Jersey. He arrived first in New York City, before the move to Jersey City, and married, in 1885, an Irish immigrant, Jennie Egan of Kesh, Ballymote, Co. Sligo . I have extensive records on that branch of the family and travel to that area in Ireland annually. William and Jennie had 6 children that survived to adulthood. My mother's sister and older first cousins remember 'Grandpa Bill' to be a very kind man who took pride in his family and work. I have photos of him circa 1910 and later that I'll be taking with me.]
To continue with the Pettersson children and records: The family moved to Block #243 in Lund in 1858. Child Elna born April 27, 1859. (She moved to Malmo in 1879.) Child Johanna born June 21, 1861. Child Lars b April 5, 1863 (moved to USA, noted above). Twins Charlotte and Nils Edward born Feb 18, 1866. The family then moved to Hyphoffslyckan, outskirts of Lund, in 1867. Records show Anders then a house builder. Records also record another child - Henrik - but no birthdate.
I believe I'll be able to trace back my ancestors with that information from the records office in Lund and elsewhere as directed. I would be interested in visiting the cemetary where gg-grandparents and others are buried to pay my respects. Also would be interested in seeing outside of houses where they lived, if still existing. Also would be interested in the history of the era to get an undertstanding of life at that time.
Part two of my question: Will I be able to track forward to potential descendants of Anders and Anna Marie. I would be mindful, and respectful, of privacy laws re records (would need advise on that), but I am curious. If there are relations, they would be second or third cousins to me. I have made these connections in Ireland and enjoy my sundry cousins' company there. My American first and second cousins, descended from William and Jennie Peterson, of course would be interested. {I correspond regularly with them.] Carpentry and teaching work, among other work, has followed down through the generations here.
Any advice re the above would be most appreciated. Am willing to share my records re family. [We have lost touch with the family of Lars here in America, but I am on that trail too.]
If anyone knows the relations of above children of Anders and Anna Pettersson, I would not mind them passing the information on for their review and consideration.
I am open to questions and look forward to my visit. I'll be seeing friends in Copenhagen first, then on to Sweden. Thank you for reading this message. Please post here or write to my e-mail address.
Steve Lemken

2002-01-23, 23:52
Svar #1

Steve Lemken

I forgot to leave my e-mail address re Pettersson in Lund and Peterson in Jersey City, New Jersey.

It is SLemken@nea.org

thank you

Steve

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna