ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Olof Erickson(Eriksson).descendants,Karlskrona-area?  (läst 239 gånger)

2000-10-13, 18:47
läst 239 gånger

Arlene Wise

Searching relatives in Sweden;

I’m searching  children, grandchildren of my grandfathers  ½-brother Olof Eriksson  
( Erickson?)  somewhere in the Karlskrona-area in Blekinge.

My  story is:
Great grandmother Carolina Anderson Carlson died sept.16, 1916 at age 64 and
Great grandfather Frank Oscar Carlson  b. 1857 in Karlskrona, died may, 10 , 1914
They came to USA around 1898-1900 and they first came to Rockport, Massachusetts
where great grandfather worked as stonecutter in the granite quarries, they later moved to  Portsmouth, New Hampshire  and there great grandfather started as a fisherman, later they moved to  Kittery Point in Maine (just on the borer to N.H.)

Grandfather Robert William Carlson was born augusti 1, 1888 in Karlskrona, he had one older brother  Carl Carlson and they  had a half brother Olof Ericksson, (or Erikson?)some years older,  but he stayed  in Sweden. ( his mother was Carolina)
Great uncle Carl Carlsson stayed in Massachusetts and got three children: Charles Rickard, Mary and Gwendolyn.
Grandfather Robert, was a fisherman and boatbuilder and got three children: Arnold, Doris and Morris W Carlsson born aug.8, 1917 in Maine, that was my father.

Most of the family lived in Massachusetts and they did have mail-contact with great-uncle Olof Erickson all the time until way back in about 1948 . There once was photos of him with children and maybe grandchildren?  

Great grandfather maybe took Carlson as last name when they came to Rockport,  their last name was maybe  Berg or Borg and it was said that upon their first arriving that no one could remember their last name so instead of making it a point to remember it,  they knew that Carlson was a very Swedish name and there had been a family in that area by the name Carlson so they hung the other family’s name onto them figuring that way they’d remember them and that they too were from old Sweden.

Are there still ancestors to great uncle Olof Ericksson (Eriksson) ?  
Welcome to contact: Arlene(Carlson)Wise, Maine  
 e-mail:   weeds@mediaone.net

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna