ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Nils Gustaf Martin Stenholm  (läst 426 gånger)

2005-08-09, 20:27
läst 426 gånger

Patti Wuzzardo

I have received the following information from Maud Svensson about my grandfather:

Nils Gustaf Martin was born 12 Nov 1892 in Adolf Fredrik parish, Stockholm. His parents were unknown.  

As a newborn Nils Gustaf Martin (no surname) was placed in the orphanage Allmänna Barnhuset in Stockholm, where his registration number was 7334. Someone payed the orphanage SEK 400 for his care and upbringing. (Ouite a lot of money at the time, it would be about SEK 20000 in today's value of money.)

21 March 1893 Nils was sent to foster-parents, laborer Per Emil Johansson and his wife Amanda Sofia b. Stenholm, Grofvagården, Slöta parish in Skaraborg county, Västergötland. The foster-father died 25 May 1902.

26 Jan 1910 Nils moved to Domkyrkoförsamlingen (Domkyrko parish), Gothenburg. He had then adopted the name Stenholm.  

(Sources: The birth records of Adolf Fredrik parish and the archives of Allmänna Barnhuset.)

Until 1917 women in Sweden had legal right to give birth anonymously. These unknown mothers are often impossible to find. As Nils Gustaf Martin later on got the surname Stenholm and as his death certificate shows his parents as Sigfrid and Beatrice, I thought that one of them might be a brother/sister of Amanda Sofia Stenholm, who was born 1860 in Slöta. I have searched the records of Slöta parish and found four siblings, but none Sigfrid or Beata/Beatrice. And there is no Stenholm with these names in 1890 census.

Now for new question:  The family understood that he had a brother who worked in an observatory, and spent some time in France.  Now, of course, I do not know if the brother's name is Stenholm or Johansson.  On his World War I draft registration Nils listed William Stenholm of Stockholm, Sweden, as his next of kin.  The form was signed in 1918.

Can anyone find any record of this William Stenholm?

Patti

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna