ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Need to find missing links to complete my Perison genealogy.  (läst 242 gånger)

2005-03-06, 03:35
läst 242 gånger

Jeanette Perison McKell

Hello,

I am hopeful that someone will be able to help locate my great grandfather,Charles P. Perison's immigration and/or passport application.

His original name was Carl Peter Persson (b.28 May 1857 in Örkelljunga, Sweden)- changed his name in America to Charles Peter Perison with variations in the spelling of Persson, Person, or Perison.  

I do not know when he first arrived in America.   He married Alda Martyresia Petersson b. 09 March 1866 in Östra Ringarp in Örkelljunga 20 June 1886.  
His wife, Alda Maria Theresa Perison (her name in America) and their 3 girls;left Örkelljunga 29 August 1895 and arrived in the USA on September 19th, 1895 on the ship Germanic;  
I found their records both in Sweden and USA that support their moving out.  
However, I have not been successful in locating Charles' moving out nor his immigration records.  (I have tracked him and his family in the U.S. Censuses of New York State; Erie County (near Buffalo, NY) for 1900, 1910, 1920, & 1930.) They eventually had a total of 11 children.  

The U.S. Census 1920 shows 1888 as the first year he arrived in America and his naturalization took place in 1897.  
Again, I have not been successful locating those records.  I did write to both the National Archives- and to the Naturalization Office in Buffalo, NY; and they have not been able to find anything on Charles (or Carl).

Charles P. (spelled Person) sailed again from Sweden on September 23rd, 1920; on the Frederik VIII.  I found his ship manifest on line # 22 that also shows he listed his passport Nr.14475, April 13th, 1920.@Washington, D.C.  
Is it possible for anyone to locate and send me a copy his passport application?  

I have never met my great grandfather nor have I known my grandfather as he died 3 months before I was born (1950).
Which means there is no family left for me to get the valuable resources from.
My dad passed away in 1983.
I guess this means that I am the oldest living Perison for this genealogy line.

I have written to the Erie County Court House and to the Office of Vital Records for New York State to help find Charles' death records  and they all tell me there is no record of him.  They tell me I need the exact location of where he was pronounced deceased.

I did find his wife, Alda's - which showed she died of intestinal cancer April 29, 1919.in Lancaster, NY. (Gardenville, NY is what was written on the death certificate perhaps a hospital address?).  
Does anyone have the resources to locate his death record?  

In summary of what I need to complete my Perison line:  

*A copy of his immigration and/or naturalization records.  

*A copy of his passport application (it would contain the only picture I would have of him).

*A copy of his death record (some time after 1930).

Sincerely,

Jeanette (Perison) McKell

jeanettemckell@comcast.net

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna