ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Help with Church Records  (läst 338 gånger)

2004-03-28, 15:35
läst 338 gånger

Christie

My mother's cousin has apparently done some research and I have some copies
of church records, but I can't read them very well.  I'm hoping that SKS can
help me look them up and transcribe them for me and possible send me images
if possible.

If the information isn't correct, please let me know.  I'm only copying what
I have on these illegible pages.  I don't have the ability to subscribe to
some of these services myself right now.  We're having a cash flow problem.
I can't seem to find them without having to subscribe.  In fact, Im a
little cross-eyed with it comes to trying to find anything on my Swedish
relatives.

November 18, 1800 Christening records for Sven Pehrsson from the church in
Brunflo, county of Jamtland, town of Revsund, Sweden.  Born to Sven Pehrsson
(b. 17 Nov 1800) and Sigrid Knutsson (c. 6 July 1798).

July 18, 1798 Christening records for Sigrid Knutsson from the church in
Brunflo, count of Jamtland, town of Revsund, Sweden.  Born to Knut Jonsson
(b. 9 Mar 1761) and Golin Olsdotter (I have no other information on her).

May 30, 1840 Christening records for Olof Svensson from the church of
Brunflo, count of Jamtland, town of Revsund, Sweden.  Born to Pehr Svensson
(b. 7 July 1821) and Anne Pehrsson (I don't have any information on her
either.).

Any and all help is appreciated.
Christie

2004-03-28, 21:33
Svar #1

Anders Andersson

There are a couple of confusing details in your notes. First, you mention a christening in 1800 of Sven Pehrsson, born to a Sven Pehrsson who was himself born in 1800. I think this is the same individual mentioned twice, and that the note was actually meant to tell about Sven's and Sigrid's son (as Sven and Sigrid were born only two years apart, I assume they are the parents here). That son is perhaps Pehr Svensson born in 1821, mentioned in your third note?

Second, back in the early 1800's a woman wouldn't have used a last name of Knutsson; that's a patronymic name reserved for men (son of Knut). Since Sigrid was born to Knut Jonsson, I believe she was known as Sigrid Knutsdotter (daughter of Knut) for most of her life, if not all of it.

Third, Olof Svensson born in 1840 probably went by the patronymic Pehrsson for part of his life, but as the patronymic tradition came to an end during the late 1800's, he may have changed that to Svensson later in life, assuming the name of his father has been correctly recorded here.

Fourth, spelling of names vary a lot in old records, depending more on the habit of the writer than on any express intent on the part of the bearer. The names Pehr and Pehrsson are today almost exclusively spelled Per and Persson, and those latter forms are also recommended for normalized spelling in genealogical research. Swedish spelling of Anne would in those days have been Anna (today we have a lot more forms of the name in popular use). Gölin is an old Swedish name that isn't very common today.

Someone with access to Brunflo records will have to assist you in order to verify these notes, but as you have several precise dates and names, it looks like a straightforward task. Doing so should resolve the confusing contradictions I have pointed out here.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna