ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Göteborg emigrant record does not indicate parish :-(  (läst 199 gånger)

2002-06-04, 20:00
läst 199 gånger

Steve Bloomquist

I am trying to find records of my farfarsfar, Charles Alfred Bloomquist (Carl Blomqvist).  He was supposedly born in Stockholm, but I'm not sure if city or län.  I have a birth date of 1 Januari 1880, but Stockholms Stadsarkiv could not find him with that birth date.  It may be the wrong date.

A 1930 US Census indicates that he arrived in the USA in 1888.  I checked Göteborg archives for that year and they sent me two records:  a Carl Blomqvist who left in 1888 and was age 17, and a Carl Blomqvist who left in 1889 and was age 17.  One of them was from Hjo parish, but the other was listed from S'holm without a specific parish.

Can anyone make a suggestion as to what other approaches I might take to find the native parish of this person?  I have no living relatives with knowledge of him, no papers from Sweden, and his naturalization papers only say he was from Sweden.  

Thanks for your consideration.

2002-06-23, 22:19
Svar #1

Gun Werner

Hi Steve,
If you haven't already found your ancestor Carl Blomqvist, (who might have been only 8-9 old at the arrival to the US) I suggest you make a new search in this forum using the main headline EMIGRANTS, and next CARL ALFRED BLOMQVIST (second headline) instead of Göteborg emigrant records..... There are more options on the spelling too: i.e. Karl Blomqvist, Karl Blomquist, Karl Blomkvist, Carl Blomkvist, etc. etc.
I'm a Swedish woman in the amateur stage, but hoping you succeed...

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna