ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Genline assistance please  (läst 778 gånger)

2005-10-14, 10:11
läst 778 gånger

Utloggad Howard Hamilton

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 18
  • Senast inloggad: 2013-01-24, 07:06
    • Visa profil
Hello,
I am having trouble reading a birth record and am not sure if it is the person I am looking for - the GID number is 2273.22.55700, and the name is Mathilda Charolotta ? f 29 July.

Thanks for any help, regards
Howard

2005-10-14, 10:50
Svar #1

Per Skjöldebrand (Perskj)

Mathilda Charlotta (fått nöddop)
Smeden E G Ekenberg Carolina Wilhelmina Jansdotter 23 år
Sandhöjden
Husförhör Sandhöjden GID 2273.5.35600

Per i Örebro

2005-10-14, 10:53
Svar #2

Utloggad Jan Jutefors

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 4731
  • Senast inloggad: 2014-07-06, 10:38
    • Visa profil
Howard,

Västra Ryd C:4, Uppsala län

8. Mathilda Charlotta (fått nöddop) Juli 29, 31
Smeden E.G. Ekenberg, Hu Carolina Wilh. Jansdr i Janshöjden
Torp. J.P. Jansson och Hu i Stålboda, ? And Jonsson i Lerberga och ? Stina Ersdr i Stigstorp.

Västra Ryd Parish C:4 (today called Kungsängen-Västra Ryd Parish).  

8. Mathilda Charlotta (became baptism in an emergency) Juli 29, 31
Parents:  Blacksmith E.G. Ekenberg, Wife Carolina Wilhelmina Jansdotter in Janshöjden
Her age: 23
Sponsors: Crofter J.P. Jansson and Wife in Stålboda, ? And Jonsson in Lerberga and ? Stina Ersdotter in Stigstorp.

2005-10-14, 11:26
Svar #3

Utloggad Howard Hamilton

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 18
  • Senast inloggad: 2013-01-24, 07:06
    • Visa profil
Per and Jan,

Thank-you for the information. Is the surname Hellström ?

Why would a baptism be an emergency?

tack så mycket.

Regards,
Howard

2005-10-14, 12:46
Svar #4

Bo Nordenfors (Nob)

No, it is not an emergancy, I do not have the correct word either, but will try to explain:
when the child is very weak and one can fear it will die soon, one can baptize it very quick, with our without a priest. A very short ceremony, there are instructions in the Swedish hymn-book.

2005-10-14, 12:48
Svar #5

Bo Nordenfors (Nob)

found it in a dictionary re. genealogy:

emergency baptism

2005-10-15, 04:02
Svar #6

Utloggad Ingela Martenius

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1489
  • Senast inloggad: 2013-10-25, 18:20
    • Visa profil
A nöddop can be performed by anyone confirmed in the Church of Sweden if there is need for such a ceremony (as Bo says, if a child was weak and it was feared it would not survive, it was necessary to baptize the child or it would die a heathen and would not be allowed a Christian funeral nor be buried in hallowed ground - in short its soul would go to hell).

Usually a child that had been baptized in this manner would later be re-baptized by the vicar (if it survived that is). Quite often you can then find two christening dates.

Another reason for a nöddop would be that you lived in such a remote area and the child was born in the winter or it was otherwise impossible for the child to be brought to the vicar (or vice versa) that a nöddop had to be performed since all babies had to be baptized within a week, regardless of health. In this case you will almost certainly see a second christening date (or a note explaining the very late baptismal date: nöddöpt and a date); usually several children were then baptized at the same time since this would be the first Sunday that the roads were open again and all families in the same situation would go to church at the same time.

Exactly the same thing happened also in Norway and Finland (probably in Denmark too, but I haven't seen it there).

Ingela

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna