ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Finding Family Records in Sweden Question. Claudia East  (läst 357 gånger)

2004-11-03, 01:43
läst 357 gånger

Claudia East

My ancestors emigrated to the United States in 1869 from Sweden.  I am trying to determine ages, names, and any other information on the family prior to their leaving Sweden. The information I have came to me from family members who have died. Can anyone assist?  Feel free to direct me to appropriate sites, etc.  I am looking for the following family:

Husband:  Gustaf Anderson Born:  December 14, 1814 in Sweden.  His father is listed as:  Anders Svenson, born May 12, 1782 in Langebrunna, Sweden and died October 1833.

Wife:  Johanna Bjork  Born:  1816.  They were married on April 12, 1841, information apparently from the Ekeby Parish register in Sweden.  She was a farmer's daughter from N. Lagnebrunna.  

Information was also provided to me from the Vadstena Archives:  Gen # 94 of Brukaren Gustaf Andersson and Johanna Andersdotter Bjork.

Children born to these two individuals (Gustaf and Johanna Anderson) are who I am looking for!  My dates and information for the children are not known to be completely accurate:

Gustaf Anderson  Born:  about 1847
Adolph Johan Anderson  Born:  April 15, 1849, Krokulla Ekeby, Osterjutland, Sweden
Hedvig Anderson  Born:  January 1854, Sweden
Axel Anderson  Born:  January 2, 1854, Sweden
Charles Anderson  Born:  unknown

I am not sure if the names are Americanized or not.  Charles may have been a Carl August Gustafsson.  

I would be very grateful if someone could direct me how to confirm the names and dates of children born to this couple.  Thank you very much.

2004-11-03, 10:01
Svar #1

Utloggad Ted Rosvall

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1256
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-09, 07:49
    • Visa profil
The family that you are looking for emigrated from Ekeby parish, Östergötland May.23. 1869.
They were then residing at a place called Kröcklekulla, probably a croft, and they were;

GUSTAF ANDERSSON b 1814 Dec.14. Ekeby parish
wife/ JOHANNA ANDERSDOTTER BJÖRK b 1815 Dec.10. Säby parish
son/ CARL AUGUST b 1842 Jan.21. Ekeby parish
son/ ADOLF JOHAN b 1849 April.15. Ekeby parish
dau/ HEDVIG CHARLOTTA b 1854 Jan.2. Ekeby parish
son/ AXEL ALFRED b 1854 Jan.21. Ekeby parish (probably a twin, even though the birthdate does not match that of his sister's)

The son Gustaf may be identical to the following individual, who emigrated from Stekanäs, Fällorna in Ekeby parish 1865 to the USA:

GUSTAF ADOLF GUSTAFSSON ALMGREN b 1847 Feb.20. Ekeby parish.

His second name being ADOLF provides a bit of a doubt though, since a younger brother also had that name.

Sources: EMIBAS and Ekeby church records.

Best wishes
TED ROSVALL

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna