ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Claus Anderson...Did he """"jump ship""""?  (läst 769 gånger)

2005-11-03, 21:58
läst 769 gånger

Donna Johnson

I am looking to find where Claus Anderson was born. Here is what I have for him. Born Oct. 25, 1891 (or possibly 1889). Acording to the U.S. 1920 census records it has him listed as age 29 which would have his birth year as 1891 & not 1889 as per a family members notes.
I have been told that he was in the Swedish Merchant Navy visiting America & jumped ship. On the census records it is listed as unknown when he came to the U.S.  
So, I don't really have much to go on but am hoping that there may be a way to find out where he came from as well as his parents & etc.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Donna Johnson

2005-11-04, 15:43
Svar #1

Utloggad Neta Hedberg

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 437
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-02-27, 09:02
    • Visa profil
Donna
In the 1890 census I found only one Claus born in 1889. He is from Tosterup parish, Kristianstad län. His father is Anders Svensson and his mother is Kersti Isaksdotter.  

In the 1900 census I also found only one Claus born in 1891, and he is also from Tosterup! His father is Jöns Hansson so unless your Claus had a fake last name this is not him. The first one could be yours though. But there is a risk that his first name was Claes and that he changed it to Claus in the US. In that case we have a lot more hits...

/Neta

2005-11-04, 19:42
Svar #2

Donna Johnson

Neta,

Thank you for your help. Did you find a birth date for the 1st Claus? I am thinking that this may be him.
Do you think I should also post a query under emigration? I am not sure if he left Sweden as an emigrant or if he did indeed jump ship.  
Thank you for any advice or information!

Donna Johnson

2005-11-04, 22:13
Svar #3

Utloggad Neta Hedberg

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Donna, the censuses usually only provide the birth year so I do not know the date. You could place a question under the Tostared Parish, maybe someone can help you. A little more info: In the 1900 census, his father is listed as Anders Svensson Lilja and his occupation is Ringare, Orgeltrampare (bell ringer, organ blower).

2005-11-04, 22:20
Svar #4

Utloggad Neta Hedberg

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Another thing Donna. I found Claus' three brothers in the Dödboken. They all had the family name Lilja. I did not find Claus though so he might still be your man.

2005-11-05, 14:09
Svar #5

Donna Johnson

Neta,

Thank you for your help. I will now post a query in Tostared.

Donna

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna