ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Church records  (läst 380 gånger)

2003-07-19, 23:50
läst 380 gånger

Nancy Jaderen

I have been searching the church records on the  
Family History site and some of my ancestors go to far back to get any specific info. What kind of information can I get on the Kyrkoräenskapsbok?
Some of the dates only cover that period.

2003-07-20, 01:21
Svar #1

Utloggad Judy Olson Baouab

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1355
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-14, 18:26
    • Visa profil
Hi Nancy,

I think that the kyrkoräkenskaper records are church accounts. Cradled in Sweden says:

Parish Accounts (Kyrkoräkenskapsbok)

When available the parish accounts usually go back to the 1600s. They may contain detailed accounts of those who paid for the opening of a grave indicating a death, or who paid the bride's money or gave a special donation at a christening. The donors were usually very close relatives and thus these accounts may supplement some missing parish registers.

You didn't mention what parish you are researching but if you have completely mined the available parish records, then perhaps you could look at the bouppteckningar (probate records), but you need the name of the härad (judicial district). The härad for each parish is listed in Cradled in Sweden and other sources.

Read this interesting article on how the bouppteckningar were helpful to a researcher.

http://www.genealogi.se/roots/bou.htm

Other types of records are listed in the green section of the Swedish Roots site.  

http://www.genealogi.se/roots/

Judy

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna