ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Birth verification of Petrus Olai Ahlqvist  (läst 545 gånger)

2006-05-13, 02:37
läst 545 gånger

Elsie V. Martin

Hej!
I am writing this message for an American colleague.  She hopes that someone will be able to help find verification of the birth of one of her direct ancestors known as Petrus Olai Ahlqvist. Everything she has ever read or seen about him shows him being born on 8 January 1705 in Ljungby, Kalmar län (H). In a family genealogy written in old Swedish by her grandfather and his father before they emigrated from Sweden to Minnesota in 1902, they state that he was born in Vassmolösa in Ljungby: Olofs son var Petrus Olai Ahlqvist, född den 8 januari 1705 i Wassmolö?sa i Ljungby socken.  

However, using Genline, my friend could not locate a record of his birth/baptism in the Ljungby parish records in 1705. She did look pre-1705 and post-1705 just to make sure. She has looked several times for this birth and has requested some friends to check too just to make sure she was not missing something. So far she has not been able to locate it.  

My friend would very much appreciate any help, advise, or suggestions that would help her figure out how this birth data can be verified/documented. She would love to be able to hire a professional researcher, but that she cannot afford to do.  

She knows when and where he died. There is a long write up of his life, an obituary actually, in the death record which can be found at GED 145.20.27700.  
Petrus Olai Ahlqvist died 2 May 1772, Räpplinge, Kalmar län [on Öland] at the age of 67 years 3 months 24 days. He was buried 24 May 1772 near/under the altar in the Räpplinge kyrka. There is a small plaque stating this up by the altar in that church.  

What puzzles her is that all the documentation found online and in other resources all state where he was born and when. Why can't she find it in the Ljungby records?  

Thanks for you assistance,
Elsie Ekstrom Martin
Brooklyn Center, MN

2006-06-18, 19:47
Svar #1

Utloggad Mikael Lundberg

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 101
  • Senast inloggad: 2022-08-21, 21:59
    • Visa profil
Dear Elsie,

as Petrus Olai Ahlqvist is also one of my ancestors, namely my MM MF FF FF, I have been quite interested in his life myself. Just like your colleague I have had some problems finding his birth/baptism in any records. I have also checked several years pre/post 1705 without finding him. However, I have found a brother of his; Nils Ahlqvist (baptist 1703-08-30 in Vassmolösa, Ljungby parish). The text, as I have read it, is as follows (see GENLINE 96.46.62000, C:2, page 19 of 103):

Dnica 14 post Tr. Ländzman Oluf Ahlqvist son: Wassmolösa Nils
Test. Hemmadöpt.

In English it would be something like;

Sunday 14 post Trinity Sunday. County sheriff Oluf Ahlqvist's son: Wassmolösa Nils
Sponsors. Home baptist.

Regarding Nils I have never seen him mentioned any where else, I just found him by coincidence when I was searching for Petrus. Perhaps was Petrus also baptist at home and never registered in the records. Or perhaps - in another parish!? I have also read the long text in the death record.

If my memory doesn't betray me, I think I also looked for his birth in the Mortorp parish, where Olof Ahlqvist and Maria Löfving was married 1702-11-16 (GED 113.2.104300). But obviously, I didn't find him there either.

I'm also curious about the origin of the information saying that Olof Ahlqvist was a live guard/soldier to the Swedish king Karl XII. I have never seen or read it elsewhere, only in later dated books, such as;

* Karl A. K:son Leijonhufvud, Stockholm 1906, Ny svensk släktbok, page 465
* Bror Olsson, Lund 1951, Kalmar stifts herdaminnne, part 4, page 177
* Bror Olsson, Lund 1948, Kalmar stifts herdaminnne, part 3, page 72

All information about the Ahlqvist family found on the internet today (or elsewhere), just appears to be citing either of these references.

If you don't mind my asking, how is your colleague related to Petrus?

Sincerly yours
Mikael Lundberg

2006-06-19, 05:31
Svar #2

Elsie V. Martin

Hello Mikael,
I have contacted my colleague in Illinois and identified her for you via email.  I am hoping that you will connect and discover pieces of information that each of you need to fulfill your genealogies.  Thanks for responding, and if you need to write I will glady respond.
All the best,
Elsie Martin
Brooklyn Center, MN

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna