ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Any experience with www.ra.se?  (läst 1314 gånger)

2003-01-07, 00:41
läst 1314 gånger

Dawn Kiley

Hi
I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with using the above website. Is it worth paying for?
What information can it tell me?
Any help would be great!
Thanks
Dawn Kiley

2003-01-07, 10:12
Svar #1

Utloggad Olle Elm

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 11058
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-23, 11:36
    • Visa profil
    • www.orserum.info
Dawn Kiley,
www.ra.se consists of different parts as you probably have noticed. There is also some information in english. Using the pages is free of cost. It?s only when you order some sort of service, a book a s o, you have to pay.
I there any special part of the website you are interested in?
Regards,
Olle Elm
Vänligen,
Olle Elm

2003-01-13, 16:11
Svar #2

Dawn Kovacs

Hi Olle,
Thanks for your quick response. It has taken me awhile to get back here. I was interested n finding out about someone in the military, but since then I had my (Swedish)husband look at the site and we seem to understand that you have to pay for the information. I looked at the form you have to fill out about the person that you want the records for (it is really long, and I don't have all that information). Do you know what kind of information they will give you from the military records, based on the form it seems I would be giving them information!
Any help would be great!
Dawn

2003-01-14, 14:44
Svar #3

Utloggad Olle Elm

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 11058
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-23, 11:36
    • Visa profil
    • www.orserum.info
Hi Dawn,
I am not really sure I understand what you are aiming at. Where do you find the page you refer to with “the form you have to fill out about the person that you want the records for (it is really long, and I don't have all that information)”?  
Have you tried to put forward a question in this forum, concerning the person you are interested in? Perhaps someone already has got information about him.
Regards,
Olle
Vänligen,
Olle Elm

2003-01-17, 10:07
Svar #4

dawnkovacs

Hi Olle,
Sorry for being so unclear.
you are right I should try to post here since I have not done that yet.
Thanks
Dawn

2003-02-19, 00:26
Svar #5

Joan Schulz

I have located the emigration data for my grandmother and can provide that data to whomever can help.  My question is:

How do I find out if there is anyone related to her still living in Sweden?  I am guessing that they would be cousins, or nieces/nephews or grand-whatevers.

I don't know how to proceed.  can anyone help?

2005-08-03, 18:04
Svar #6

Utloggad Jennifer Veer

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 20
  • Senast inloggad: 2021-10-07, 06:59
    • Visa profil
Hi!
I am researching my mmmfar and have located him in Kalmar län as a 20 yr. old man and can trace much about him up to his death.  Now I am trying to go the opposite direction in time.  I want to find his birthplace in Stockholm but can't find the parish.  Most household exam. in the Swedish records list him as coming from Stockholm.  One or two places appear, however, to say 'Stockby'. Could this be a clue to what part of Stockholm he was from?  
   He was also listed as an orphan, but I don't know where to look for the name of the orphanage.  I searched the Allmanna orphanage, but he was born in 1832 and it appeared that the index only went as late as 1803 or so.
  Does someone have a ideas as to where I should look next?  Thanks!

2005-08-03, 18:27
Svar #7

Utloggad Christina Backman

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 833
  • Senast inloggad: 2017-04-22, 18:01
    • Visa profil
Try giving us the name of the man and any exact dates/places that you have. What was he doing in Kalmar? You never know, he may be somebody?s ancestor.

2005-08-07, 00:54
Svar #8

Utloggad Jennifer Veer

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 20
  • Senast inloggad: 2021-10-07, 06:59
    • Visa profil
Christina,
Thank you for the reply.  I have already placed inquiries in other forums, so I don't know if I should duplicate it here.  Would you mind looking at the other forums or should I combine them and place it here or under Stockholm or Smoland forum??  Just enter Veer in the sok i hela Rotter and it will bring up the other sites under 'barnhusbarn' and under 'Strandberg'.
  I am searching the early history of Carl Mauritz Strandberg, born 24 Sept 1832 in Stockholm.  Christened 28 Sept 1832.
   Mauritz was a soldier in Kalmar and married a lady from there.  His father was a King's guard in Stockholm.  I have many more dates from Genline I can give you if you like.  Thanks!

2005-08-07, 15:20
Svar #9

Utloggad Maud Svensson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 21997
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-27, 08:03
    • Visa profil
Jennifer,
the archive of the orphanage Allmänna Barnhuset is held by Stockholms stadsarkiv (Stockholm Regional Archives). You could send a query by email:
stadsarkivet@ssa.stockholm.se
Hälsar vänligen
Maud

2005-08-07, 20:07
Svar #10

Utloggad Judy Olson Baouab

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1355
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-14, 18:26
    • Visa profil
Joan,

The first FAQ on this page has a plan to guide you in trying to find living relatives in Sweden.

http://www.augustana.edu/swenson/genfaq/

Judy

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna