ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Ancestors of Gottfrid Johansson (Johnson)  (läst 302 gånger)

2003-03-25, 00:05
läst 302 gånger

kristine

Hello,

I'm trying to find information on my Grandfather Gottfrid Johanssen (Johnson)who was born on July 9, 1873 in Smaland Sweden (two dots over the a).  He resided in Canada from 1911 - 1961. I don't know anything about his family in Sweden. I don't know if he has any brothers or sisters. I found a Gottfrid in one of the sites that may be him.  

(Name)Gottfrid Johansson
(Birth Date)1873
(Parish) Hjorted    
(District) Kalmar Ian (two dots over the a)
Is there some place where I can look this up?
Thank you for any help you can give me.

2003-03-25, 01:50
Svar #1

Anders Andersson

I'm not sure what you mean by a Gottfrid in one of the sites that may be him. Do you know yourself that your grandfather was born in Hjorted, or is this just a hypothesis based on information from an unknown source? What source is that?

If you feel confident about the parish, you may want to go directly to Landskap: Småland: Socknar: Hjorted and ask about your grandfather there. The discussion is primarily in Swedish, but inquiries in English are always welcome.

Hopefully someone reading that discussion will have access to Hjorted parish records and offer to help you. However, please try to state what essential information you already have and from what source you have obtained it; it makes helping you so much easier. You don't need to specify sources by volume and record number; simply telling what is family tradition and what has been found on the Internet is a good indicator of the reliability of that information!

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna